Any way of getting into Digital Promotion without making purchase first?

#1NerdstickPosted 1/14/2013 1:39:14 PM
Just curious so I can get the discount on the first game I buy as well. Only really interested in getting one digital game so that's a bit of a pain.
#2b1gt0nePosted 1/14/2013 1:41:04 PM
smh
#3darkjedilinkPosted 1/14/2013 1:41:36 PM
It's not a discount. It's a rebate. As such, an initial purchase is required.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#4Virus66Posted 1/14/2013 1:57:51 PM(edited)
darkjedilink posted...
It's not a discount. It's a rebate. As such, an initial purchase is required.

This. You still get the rebate on your first purchase. As such, it would be completely pointless for you to buy online for one game as you would get points back only to never use.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#5The_HyphenatorPosted 1/14/2013 1:42:52 PM
Nerdstick posted...
Just curious so I can get the discount on the first game I buy as well. Only really interested in getting one digital game so that's a bit of a pain.

First off, no, you have to have a Nintendo Network ID associated with a Deluxe Wii U to register for the promotion.

Second, you can't even purchase a digital game until you own the system, so why would you be concerned about not getting credit for the first game you buy?
#6Nerdstick(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 2:12:52 PM
I was under the impression that it only applied to games purchased once you finished signing up, if it applies to the first game as well then it's ace!

Only one game at the moment, but if the promotion applies to the first game I can pick up one and get a second for almost nothing. But if the first purchase didn't count I'd be SOL.
#7darkjedilinkPosted 1/14/2013 2:21:46 PM(edited)
Nerdstick posted...
I was under the impression that it only applied to games purchased once you finished signing up, if it applies to the first game as well then it's ace!

Only one game at the moment, but if the promotion applies to the first game I can pick up one and get a second for almost nothing. But if the first purchase didn't count I'd be SOL.

If you own the console, what you'll do is register your NNID. Then, about 24 hours after you make your first eShop purchase, you can go to the website - https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/ - and get your stuff set up.

What will happen then is, every time you buy a game from the eShop on that console, it'll "remember" it. You go to that website, and you can redeem points equal to one-tenth the dollar amount paid (before any taxes) for the games, in 500-point bundles, for an equal dollar amount to be put in your eShop wallet.

As an example, I bought NSMBU and AC3 off the eShop for $59.99 each. Then, I went to the website and saw that I had received 599 points per game, for a total of 1198. As such, I was able to redeem two 500-point bundles, for ten bucks added to my Wii U eShop wallet. I was then able to buy Nano Assault Neo for $9.99 for "free," which added another 99 points to my account, where it will stay until I can get another 500 points to redeem for $5.

Make sense?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#8NeojianXPosted 1/14/2013 3:30:05 PM
I think they call that pirating games. XD
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#9Petey_MeanisPosted 1/14/2013 3:40:14 PM
tc has no idea how the promotion works.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#10darkjedilinkPosted 1/14/2013 5:38:24 PM
NeojianX posted...
I think they call that pirating games. XD

Getting a free game with a coupon is piracy? Since when?
---