Valid criticisms.

#261aether17Posted 1/15/2013 8:48:50 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
He said you could port a game on the engine he didn't say you could port every game on the engine, alot of those psn/xbl skew games run on unreal.

I know he didn't say "every", but he also didn't say only the "lighter games". What he said was vague, it could mean anything. I think you're assuming the power of PS4720 would be so large like Wii and PS360 were (it wont.) Sure the CPU will limit the physics, ai, objects on screen etc, but if he claims "supreme scalability", the engine might be flexible enough to down port as low as that (while still being better than UE3 for the most part).

I recall you earlier stating that Wii U wont get PS4720 games because it'll be much weaker, but now you're saying it wont get "every" game, implying it WILL be getting some.....
---
According to someone, I am a well known Troll.........not sure how.
#262GoombaXPosted 1/15/2013 8:58:00 PM(edited)
everyone look at how ignorant demondog666 is
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63908451?page=30

yea everything he says is invalid at this point and he should just leave
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#263DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 8:54:09 PM
aether17 posted...
I know he didn't say "every", but he also didn't say only the "lighter games". What he said was vague, it could mean anything. I think you're assuming the power of PS4720 would be so large like Wii and PS360 were (it wont.) Sure the CPU will limit the physics, ai, objects on screen etc, but if he claims "supreme scalability", the engine might be flexible enough to down port as low as that (while still being better than UE3 for the most part).

I recall you earlier stating that Wii U wont get PS4720 games because it'll be much weaker, but now you're saying it wont get "every" game, implying it WILL be getting some.....

He might of not said lighter games but he brought up mobile games when he didn't have to, that's very telling I think, when he has to bring up mobile games to talk about potential wiiU games on unreal 4.

It might get some psn/xbl skew, indie stuff that really doesn't need to be on new consoles to run but it's not going to get the retail ones. When I said it wouldn't get any I was referring to retail.
#264darkjedilinkPosted 1/15/2013 9:15:01 PM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Curious about this since I've never heard about it before...

Controller situation a mess (some games needing wiimote (but won't work with plus) some needing wiimote+, some not supporting pro controller...

What Wiimote games don't work with Wiimotes that have Motion Plus? Or was that just poorly worded?

Bumping this valid question since it's getting lost in all the graphic discussions.

I already answered this question - he quite literally lied about it just to troll. There is not a single Wii or Wii U game that uses a Wii Remote that can NOT work with a Motion+ Remote.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#265Koi_TenchiPosted 1/15/2013 9:25:07 PM
darkjedilink posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Curious about this since I've never heard about it before...

Controller situation a mess (some games needing wiimote (but won't work with plus) some needing wiimote+, some not supporting pro controller...

What Wiimote games don't work with Wiimotes that have Motion Plus? Or was that just poorly worded?

Bumping this valid question since it's getting lost in all the graphic discussions.

I already answered this question - he quite literally lied about it just to troll. There is not a single Wii or Wii U game that uses a Wii Remote that can NOT work with a Motion+ Remote.

I was bumping it just in case he had a valid answer for it but I guess you're right. Fair enough, I'll stop bumping it.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#266darkqueenhelbaPosted 1/15/2013 9:28:43 PM
In the willow-meads of Tasarinan I walked in the Spring.
Ah! the sight and the smell of the Spring in Nan-tasarion!
And i said that was good.
I wandered in Summer in the elm-woods of Ossiriand.
Ah! the light and the music in the Summer by the Seven Rivers of Ossir!
And i thought that was best.
To the beeches of Neldoreth I came in the Autumn.
Ah! the gold and the red and the sighing of leaves in the Autumn in
Taur-na-neldor!
It was mor than my desire.
To the pine-trees upon the highland of Dorthonion I climbed in the Winter.
Ah! the wind and the whiteness and the black braches of Winter upon
Orod-na-ThŰ n!
My voice went up and sang in the sky.
And now all those lands lie under the wave,
And I walk in Ambarů na, in Tauremorna, in Aldalů mŽ.
In my own land, in the country of Fangorn,
Where the roots are long.
And the years lie thicker than the leaves
In Taremornalů mŽ.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#267DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/15/2013 9:49:15 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Maybe you're using a crappy 800x600 display.

Nope 1280x768

A crappy 768, then. Still terrible.
No wonder.

So what's good?

A lot of things.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#268SoeroahPosted 1/15/2013 9:53:16 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
'Those aren't valid anymore! Hahaha!"
-NDF

Nordic Development Fund think these criticisms aren't valid anymore?

Lol. And how weird, Hyphenator says the lack of controller standardization isn't a valid criticism but Baha did... Which one is valid?!?!

I know. It's almost like different people have different opinions about the same things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUph092Wyec
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#269Baha05Posted 1/15/2013 9:56:07 PM
Soeroah posted...
I know. It's almost like different people have different opinions about the same things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUph092Wyec

Funny thing is I never even said or hinted at that either, I just said my opinion on the NES or N64 controller
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#270aether17Posted 1/15/2013 10:35:55 PM
DemonDog666 posted...

He might of not said lighter games but he brought up mobile games when he didn't have to, that's very telling I think, when he has to bring up mobile games to talk about potential wiiU games on unreal 4.

It might get some psn/xbl skew, indie stuff that really doesn't need to be on new consoles to run but it's not going to get the retail ones. When I said it wouldn't get any I was referring to retail.

He talked about mobile devices to show just how scalable the games could be because of the engine. Obviously mobile devices will be weaker than any console, so the spectrum of devices to support any game from the engine is as high as the powerful PC's, down to the weakest devices like smart phones. Again, that's what he's clearly saying, you can believe what you want, but the facts aren't deniable.
---
According to someone, I am a well known Troll.........not sure how.