Valid criticisms.

#271DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 10:38:34 PM
aether17 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

He might of not said lighter games but he brought up mobile games when he didn't have to, that's very telling I think, when he has to bring up mobile games to talk about potential wiiU games on unreal 4.

It might get some psn/xbl skew, indie stuff that really doesn't need to be on new consoles to run but it's not going to get the retail ones. When I said it wouldn't get any I was referring to retail.

He talked about mobile devices to show just how scalable the games could be because of the engine. Obviously mobile devices will be weaker than any console, so the spectrum of devices to support any game from the engine is as high as the powerful PC's, down to the weakest devices like smart phones. Again, that's what he's clearly saying, you can believe what you want, but the facts aren't deniable.

And the fact is wiiU won't be able to play any ps4/next xbox game that uses the cpu to any significant degree any more then a phone would.
#272darkqueenhelbaPosted 1/15/2013 10:40:40 PM
Do any of us here actually deny the other consoles though? If so, I doubt very many. It's not like it really affects us.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#273ADHDguitarPosted 1/15/2013 10:40:43 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
aether17 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

He might of not said lighter games but he brought up mobile games when he didn't have to, that's very telling I think, when he has to bring up mobile games to talk about potential wiiU games on unreal 4.

It might get some psn/xbl skew, indie stuff that really doesn't need to be on new consoles to run but it's not going to get the retail ones. When I said it wouldn't get any I was referring to retail.

He talked about mobile devices to show just how scalable the games could be because of the engine. Obviously mobile devices will be weaker than any console, so the spectrum of devices to support any game from the engine is as high as the powerful PC's, down to the weakest devices like smart phones. Again, that's what he's clearly saying, you can believe what you want, but the facts aren't deniable.

And the fact is wiiU won't be able to play any ps4/next xbox game that uses the cpu to any significant degree any more then a phone would.

You're delusional if you really think that the NextBox and PS4 will actually have high end components.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#274DarthFloatyPosted 1/15/2013 10:46:42 PM
Pretty sure the Dreamcast could have handled Xbox ports (assuming it had sold x10 all other systems, survived, and gotten the love of devs). They would have been considerably scaled back, but I'm fairly sure it would have been possible, and playable. We know the PS2 could, and the Dreamcast wasn't much weaker than the PS2 (I believe it was somewhat stronger in certain, specific areas).

Do you honestly think the Wii U gap compared to the weaker of the next systems will be larger than the Dreamcast Xbox gap? Or at the very least larger than the PS2 Xbox gap? I don't see very much support for that theory, although nothing disproves it. It's simply a theory, of which we have many.
#275DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 11:14:43 PM
DarthFloaty posted...
Pretty sure the Dreamcast could have handled Xbox ports (assuming it had sold x10 all other systems, survived, and gotten the love of devs). They would have been considerably scaled back, but I'm fairly sure it would have been possible, and playable. We know the PS2 could, and the Dreamcast wasn't much weaker than the PS2 (I believe it was somewhat stronger in certain, specific areas).

Do you honestly think the Wii U gap compared to the weaker of the next systems will be larger than the Dreamcast Xbox gap? Or at the very least larger than the PS2 Xbox gap? I don't see very much support for that theory, although nothing disproves it. It's simply a theory, of which we have many.

Dreamcast was more powerful then ps2 I believe.
#276DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 11:24:53 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
You're delusional if you really think that the NextBox and PS4 will actually have high end components.

Middle ground components is more then enough to put them out of wiiUs league.
#277darkjedilinkPosted 1/15/2013 11:35:39 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...

Middle ground components is more then enough to put them out of wiiUs league.

Okay, mister "Pokemon is a Digimon ripoff."
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#278DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/15/2013 11:36:55 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
DarthFloaty posted...

Dreamcast was more powerful then ps2 I believe.

Not exactly, but it had fairly straightforward hardware, so porting from Xbox wouldn't have been too hard.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#279FlyinTonitePosted 1/15/2013 11:38:09 PM
I've had a gamefaqs account for like 7 years and have had 3 or 4 topics hit 100+ posts, do I just have to be a troll to get posts in my topics?
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#280DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 11:46:50 PM
FlyinTonite posted...
I've had a gamefaqs account for like 7 years and have had 3 or 4 topics hit 100+ posts, do I just have to be a troll to get posts in my topics?

No, you just have to piss trolls off.