Valid criticisms.

#301darkjedilinkPosted 1/16/2013 7:12:34 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
"Valid"? Cri-... criticisms!? =/

VALID... criticisms? =O

Wha... I... but... errrrggghhhh... ---> http://alturl.com/cneob

Again, maybe you should actually read the thread before going off on your troll-avenging trolling.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#302MotoidarPosted 1/16/2013 7:18:08 AM
*Owns ALL Nintendo systems except Wii U*

Nintendo: fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
---
QX9650@3.6GHz | EVGA GTX 580 | 8GB DDR2 | Xonar DG 5.1 | 27" 3D LCD | Windows 8 Pro x64
#303bleedingelitePosted 1/16/2013 7:29:56 AM
darkjedilink posted...
Rasputin77 posted...

VALID... criticisms? =O

Again, maybe you should actually read the thread before going off on your troll-avenging trolling.

He never says anything that isn't some sort of equivalent of "You guys are stupid fanboy babies! *link to image of something dumb*"
#304InnerscopePosted 1/16/2013 9:51:22 AM(edited)
darkjedilink posted...
Rasputin77 posted...

VALID... criticisms? =O

First step of trolling:

Go into a thread with little to no information, and act like you know everything

On a side note, are there any politics threads?
---
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Your new alphabet
#305DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 1:58:09 PM
aether17 posted...
Again, Wii games that were "downports" weren't the same not because of severe downscaling, but because they were developed separately from the PS360 versions, they weren't the same games because they were made on older engines (hence, they'll have simpler CPU tasks). The Wii didn't support programmable shaders, which was the primary reason for not receiving down ports directly from the PS360, Wii couldn't support UE3 due to mainly the lack of programmable shaders (the CPU made the problem a bit worse, but it could have been dealt with to some extent). No matter how much you tried to downscale, no programmable shaders = extremely costly to even consider. Wii U on the other hand, only has to worry about meeting the minimum requirements, and ports are pretty much set (it has the programmable shaders PS4720 will have, there's a reason why they're called "programmable", designed to be scaled), downscaling the CPU tasks wont be as bad as you think because since it'll at least run UE4 (even if the PS4720 games run CPU tasks at such a high amount of power). It'll be costly sure, but not near-impossible (like on Wii) due to the hardware. If Wii U couldn't support UE4, Mark Rein would have said so. If he believes Wii U is strong enough to support UE4 (due to being supremely scalable), then ports would be a matter of whether there's profit in it or not.

I was being generous with the prices (I lowered them on purpose from these) because the only source I could find where prices from the end of 2009:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/assets/uploads/2010/01/isuppi_teardown_ps3.jpg

No, the drive itself wouldn't cost like BluRay because it isn't exactly BluRay. The speed doesn't make it much more costly at all. BluRay was costly, yes, but so were Cell and RSX.

If they did that then it was because a port was impossible, so you are just proving my point.

Either way it's not going to happen, saying it's possible if you pay more for a worse version and take away tons of gaemplay elements and it won't even be the same game really isn't a good argument and frankly I count that as impossible even though it might not be literally impossible in it's most forgiving meaning.

So in other words you have no idea how much they cost at this point in time... ps3 is making a profit at 250 so obvious the prices are far cheaper then they are now, we have no idea how much though.

No the wiiU drive would be more costly because it's proprietary. It will cost more to manufacture. The speed of blu ray was just saying that the ps3 drive is probably cheap now.
#306InnerscopePosted 1/17/2013 5:17:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#307SagadegoPosted 1/17/2013 5:19:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of Sega]
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
#308darkjedilinkPosted 1/17/2013 6:06:40 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
So in other words you have no idea how much they cost at this point in time... ps3 is making a profit at 250 so obvious the prices are far cheaper then they are now, we have no idea how much though.

Except it isn't selling at a profit right now - the current bundle is yet another hardware revision, which isn't cheap. Add the cost of bigger harddrives and a second game...

No the wiiU drive would be more costly because it's proprietary. It will cost more to manufacture. The speed of blu ray was just saying that the ps3 drive is probably cheap now.

No, the proprietary drive is cheaper, since they're using a manufacturer that already makes high-density drives. All Nintendo pays for is the lower drive cost and whatever is needed for it to not be Blu-ray.

Of course, this is the stupidity expected of someone who thinks Pokemon is a Digimon ripoff.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#309DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 3:26:17 PM
darkjedilink posted...
Except it isn't selling at a profit right now - the current bundle is yet another hardware revision, which isn't cheap. Add the cost of bigger harddrives and a second game...

No, the proprietary drive is cheaper, since they're using a manufacturer that already makes high-density drives. All Nintendo pays for is the lower drive cost and whatever is needed for it to not be Blu-ray.

Of course, this is the stupidity expected of someone who thinks Pokemon is a Digimon ripoff.

Source? Oh right you don't' have one. Hardware revisions make it cheaper to produce not more expensive, and harddrives have gone significantly down in price as for the game it costs what 5 bucks to burn a blu ray and put it in a case.

Which would make it more expensive for the hardware, they'll probably make it up in licensing fees on software but we aren't talking about that.
#310darkjedilinkPosted 1/19/2013 3:28:16 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
darkjedilink posted...

Source? Oh right you don't' have one. Hardware revisions make it cheaper to produce not more expensive, and harddrives have gone significantly down in price as for the game it costs what 5 bucks to burn a blu ray and put it in a case.

Which would make it more expensive for the hardware, they'll probably make it up in licensing fees on software but we aren't talking about that.

Hardware revisions that don't change the hardware are cheaper. However, when you DO change the hardware - which they did - AND you throw in more stuff - which they did, that does increas ethe price.
---