Valid criticisms.

#51GloryChaosPosted 1/14/2013 2:49:06 PM
I agree with that. That's why I don't have any complaints about the lack of online multiplayer in Nintendoland, NSMBU, and some others.

Then there are games that focus mainly on the multiplayer concept where it wouldn't hurt to include online multiplayer at all.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#52FenderMasterPosted 1/14/2013 3:21:50 PM
Mavrick588 posted...
Only one of those are even remotely valid.

I'll let you guess which one.

The account system?

The roughly on par with last gen hardware?

Or the controller options (Gamepad, pro controller, Wii Remote w or w/o WM+ and nun chuk, classic controller (still work?) GC controller (still work?)

The rest remain to be seen
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org/images/map_pal_lg.jpg
#53DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 3:55:38 PM
mini_blight posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Roughly on par with last gen and extremely unlike to get many ps4/next xbox multiplats

And when the gamecube happened, it missed out on many multiplats and was labeled as the kiddy console.

That is what Nintendo was rewarded with even though the gamecube was a powerful console for its time. No wonder Nintendo didn't go the power route with the Wii or the Wii U. They learn from their mistakes, unlike Sony, who keeps digging a deeper hole every year.

Horrible third party support.

No account system

Online not properly supported

No wiiU VC

Controller situation a mess (some games needing wiimote (but won't work with plus) some needing wiimote+, some not supporting pro controller...

Lack of exclusives with only 2 or 3 worthwhile ones.

1. No one expects a Nintendo console to have amazing third party support. It's been this way for generations. It is not a valid critique of the Wii U, since IT HAS BEEN THIS WAY FOR GENERATIONS. That said, the Wii had decent third party support.

2. This is a YMMV issue. It's only an issue for people who buy digital releases. These are a minority, like the region lock freaks that act like the 3DS and Wii U are the first ever region locked systems in videogame history.

3. "Everyone" has said Nintendo is behind in online way before Wii U even existed. You can't just apply old complaints to a specific platform when it is convenient for you. There are other reasons why Nintendo isn't big on online.

4. We don't know what the whole story is on the VC, yet.

5. Controller situation? You mean games that use different controls? That's it?? Really???

So much for valid criticism. I'd make a list of real criticisms here, but I'm not going to make your job here any easier. No freebies for you.

No they didn't. Gamecube not having third party support was not because it's power it had to do with it's low sales and Nintendo's policies. Also wii had horrible third party support because of it's low power and unconventional controller.

1. Doesn't change the fact they do have horrible third party support and it is a valid criticism. Something being bad forever is not a valid excuse for it being bad.

2. Again still valid and of course nobody is going to buy digital games on a Nintendo service if they don't have an account system.

3. Um, if the issue is similar or the same then yes I can apply the same complaint no matter how old until Nintendo fixes the issue.

4. We know we don't have it.

5. No I mean games that don't use the controller that comes with the device or the designated sub controller and lack of unification. The wiimote/wiimote+ thing is the most ridicules.

You didn't say anything that negated the validity of the criticisms at all... What do you think is a valid criticism? Nintendo isn't quite perfect?
#54bleedingelitePosted 1/14/2013 4:01:36 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
mini_blight posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Roughly on par with last gen and extremely unlike to get many ps4/next xbox multiplats

And when the gamecube happened, it missed out on many multiplats and was labeled as the kiddy console.

That is what Nintendo was rewarded with even though the gamecube was a powerful console for its time. No wonder Nintendo didn't go the power route with the Wii or the Wii U. They learn from their mistakes, unlike Sony, who keeps digging a deeper hole every year.

Horrible third party support.

No account system

Online not properly supported

No wiiU VC

Controller situation a mess (some games needing wiimote (but won't work with plus) some needing wiimote+, some not supporting pro controller...

Lack of exclusives with only 2 or 3 worthwhile ones.

1. No one expects a Nintendo console to have amazing third party support. It's been this way for generations. It is not a valid critique of the Wii U, since IT HAS BEEN THIS WAY FOR GENERATIONS. That said, the Wii had decent third party support.

2. This is a YMMV issue. It's only an issue for people who buy digital releases. These are a minority, like the region lock freaks that act like the 3DS and Wii U are the first ever region locked systems in videogame history.

3. "Everyone" has said Nintendo is behind in online way before Wii U even existed. You can't just apply old complaints to a specific platform when it is convenient for you. There are other reasons why Nintendo isn't big on online.

4. We don't know what the whole story is on the VC, yet.

5. Controller situation? You mean games that use different controls? That's it?? Really???

So much for valid criticism. I'd make a list of real criticisms here, but I'm not going to make your job here any easier. No freebies for you.

No they didn't. Gamecube not having third party support was not because it's power it had to do with it's low sales and Nintendo's policies. Also wii had horrible third party support because of it's low power and unconventional controller.

1. Doesn't change the fact they do have horrible third party support and it is a valid criticism. Something being bad forever is not a valid excuse for it being bad.

2. Again still valid and of course nobody is going to buy digital games on a Nintendo service if they don't have an account system.

3. Um, if the issue is similar or the same then yes I can apply the same complaint no matter how old until Nintendo fixes the issue.

4. We know we don't have it.

5. No I mean games that don't use the controller that comes with the device or the designated sub controller and lack of unification. The wiimote/wiimote+ thing is the most ridicules.

You didn't say anything that negated the validity of the criticisms at all... What do you think is a valid criticism? Nintendo isn't quite perfect?

Lol you just don't give up.
#55InnerscopePosted 1/14/2013 4:03:11 PM
This board's hilarious
---
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Your new alphabet
#56GoombaXPosted 1/14/2013 4:06:21 PM
Vita
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#57DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 4:08:43 PM
bleedingelite posted...

Why would I give up when his best argument is "it always sucked so you can't complaint about it"?
#58squatch22Posted 1/14/2013 4:11:12 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
bleedingelite posted...

Why would I give up when his best argument is "it always sucked so you can't complaint about it"?

And yours is ''In my opinion your opinion is wrong''

/facepalm
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#59bleedingelitePosted 1/14/2013 4:12:09 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
bleedingelite posted...

No, I mean you just don't give up on this whole "rawr I'm so angry about nintendo wii u!" thing.
#60DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 4:12:10 PM
squatch22 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
bleedingelite posted...

And yours is ''In my opinion your opinion is wrong''

/facepalm

No that's my best counter argument for the opinions can't be wrong argument.