Is the direction Nintendo is taking driving modern gaming into the ground?

#1Beatperson14Posted 1/14/2013 3:55:38 PM
Let me say I'm not someone here just to bash Nintendo or the U--I was just expecting more from both. I remember when I first got my SNES and Mario games as a kid. Remember loving the Gamecube and Sunshine. Do you remember what people said about them? Does Nintendo? Most people thought the Gamecube had the best graphics despite the hardware shortcomings that wouldn't allow for much improvement. I remember owning all three, saying PS2 had the best games, Xbox had the best system, and GC had the best graphics. Now, this would be quite easy to fix... Match the hardware next gen. Somewhere along the line though, Nintendo decided to change gaming itself so that it could prosper. Now that it worked, the rabid fanboys gladly snap at anything in sight, and they know this. They could sell you a blanket wrapped around a ball and tell you to play a REAL game. This real game involves MOTION CONTROL VOICE-ACTIVATED BALL POWER. Also known as catch. Gaming needs hardware to be in the same ballpark so multiplats are big and wide, and the focus remains on who has the best games, not graphics or power. This is when exclusives shine as well, and Nintendo would shine from this. If they dropped all the -NEW- gimmicks, they wouldn't have to worry about how their ball applies to the game. They'd worry about the game. Am I wrong?
#2BuretsuPosted 1/14/2013 3:56:28 PM(edited)
tl;dr

Answer to the topic title: No.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3Shadowbird_RHPosted 1/14/2013 3:57:22 PM
If you really want to know, compare the number of studios that closed while making games for Nintendo consoles, with the number of studios that closed while making games for other consoles.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#4Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 1/14/2013 3:57:51 PM
Answer to the topic title: Yes.

Thanks to the wiis success we get abominations like Move and Kinect. Nintendo is still moving in that direction and Sony and MS probably will as well.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#5messhiaunedPosted 1/14/2013 3:58:00 PM
Please tell us what would drive gaming into the ground.
#6Beatperson14(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 3:58:15 PM
Buretsu posted...
tl;dr

It's really not long broski. You could skim it instead of being an NDF grunt.
#7Baha05Posted 1/14/2013 3:59:00 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Thanks to the wiis success we get abominations like Move and Kinect. Nintendo is still moving in that direction and Sony and MS probably will as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EyeToy

Existed before the Wii, gimmicks like these have always been around
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#8Beatperson14(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 3:59:12 PM
messhiauned posted...
Please tell us what would drive gaming into the ground.

Turning games into a blanket and a ball. That would be the visual.
#9meiyukiPosted 1/14/2013 4:01:25 PM(edited)
Beatperson14 posted...
Buretsu posted...
tl;dr

It's really not long broski. You could skim it instead of being an NDF grunt.

paragraphs are your friend, it makes posts MUCH easier to read if you break them up every few lines. And you pretty much lose credibility with the ndf quip.
#10Beatperson14(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 4:00:11 PM
Baha05 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EyeToy

Existed before the Wii, gimmicks like these have always been around

So since Ninty copied it, it's a good idea? It isn't...