Nintendo vs. Sony franchises by genre

#1Magikoopa21Posted 1/14/2013 5:26:51 PM
Pick the series you think is better.

Action/Adventure: Legend of Zelda or God of War?
3D Platformer: 3D Mario or Ratchet and Clank?
2D Platformer: 2D Mario or Littlebigplanet?
2D Platformer: Kirby or LocoRoco?
Fighting: Super Smash Bros or Playstation Allstars?
Racing: Mario Kart or Gran Turismo?
FPS: Metroid Prime or Killzone?
Rhythm: Rhythm Heaven or Patapon?

Bonus Round: Pokemon or Uncharted?
Bonus Round: Star Fox or inFamous?
#2InnerscopePosted 1/14/2013 5:27:40 PM
what was the point of this topic?
---
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Your new alphabet
#3AaronPHughesPosted 1/14/2013 5:30:19 PM
If this was a better worded or better tournyed topic then you would get more responses.

With that said, Nintendo wins all of them for me aside from the Bonus Rounds. I only liked Pokemon Red/Blue and Star Fox only had one good game.
---
Systems Owned - 2600, 5200, NES, NES2, Gameboy, SNES, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Color, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, GBA, DS, DSLite, GBM, Wii, 360, 3DS, Wii U
#4Zato InfinitePosted 1/14/2013 5:30:46 PM
I think somebody made fun of the TC for having a Wii U at school today.
#5StealthlysPosted 1/14/2013 5:30:59 PM
AaronPHughes posted...
If this was a better worded or better tournyed topic then you would get more responses.
#6Magikoopa21(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 5:32:13 PM
Zato Infinite posted...

I don't even have a Wii U, I have a Wii and PS3. If you guys hate this topic so much then don't even respond.
#7InnerscopePosted 1/14/2013 5:32:35 PM
Magikoopa21 posted...
Zato Infinite posted...

I don't even have a Wii U, I have a Wii and PS3. If you guys hate this topic so much then don't even respond.

no
---
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Your new alphabet
#8Not_King_BooPosted 1/14/2013 5:49:48 PM
Not really a big God of War fan. Actually, God of War is fine, it's just Kratos I don't really like. Also, these series seem rather out-of-place in a comparison. Wouldn't Uncharted be a better comparison?

I'm also not a fan of the various weapon-based elements in R&C. 3D Mario games also seem to have more content in them, and can easily be ranked among the best games of their respective generations (well... all right, maybe not Sunshine...). R&C is good, but nowhere near Mario-level.

Of course, this really depends upon the game. SML vs. LBPV? LBPV would win. SMW vs. LBP? SMW wins. NSMBU vs. LBP2? NSMB2 holds a slight edge.

Had to look up that last one, actually. Didn't look like fun.

More characters, more stages, better mechanics, and a bigger competitive community all give SSB the edge.

Eh, it's not really fare to compare Mario Kart with Gran Turismo. I mean, if you were to compare it to LBPK (you know, an actual kart racer), then it easily wins, while if Gran Turismo were compared to a more realistic Nintendo racing game (did Nintendo ever make a realistic racing game), I'm sure Gran Turismo would probably win. So...yeah. Not voting.

Naturally, if you had said "Metroid: Other M", it would've been Killzone.

I don't play rhythm games. That said, I didn't like the 5 minutes of Rhythm Heaven I played, so Patapon it is.

You know, Uncharted probably would've been better compared to Zelda.

Never saw the appeal of Star Fox. You're shooting stuff...in space! Yay!
#9sejan12Posted 1/14/2013 6:35:23 PM(edited)
This is going to look fanboyish, but it really is my opinion.

Action/Adventure: Legend of Zelda
While the formula is getting a little stale, the Zelda games have always felt bigger to me than God of War. I simply have too much history with the greatest Zelda games to give this away to GoW. Not even mentioning that I've never cared for GoW

3D Platformer: 3D Mario
Ratchet and Clank has been inconsistent lately. My last adventure into the universe was with All 4 One and was a terrible disappointment. 3D Mario, on the other hand, has had some of the best games of all time as recent installments (Galaxy 1 and 2)

2D Platformer: 2D Mario
While the creativity ideas are cool, the physics behind Little big planet are too floaty and imprecise feeling for me. Also, the 2.5D perspective isn't accurate enough for a tight feeling 2D platformer. Mario has had some amazing 2D platforming adventures that are tough to top.

2D Platformer: Kirby
I've never played Loco Roco, but Kirby is the reason I game today. No contest in my book for that reason.

Fighting: Super Smash Bros
I absolutely hated the fighting system of All Stars when I played the demo. Making the attacks little more than a way to charge a meter made most of the fighting feel pointless as you charge to an overpowered power attack.

Racing: Mario Kart
These two are really different genres. Kart racing and racing sims are barely even comparable. With that said, Gran Turismo is a great game, but I simply prefer Kart racers. Mario Kart wins because I prefer one genre over another.

FPS: Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime is a great first person adventure game. I've never played Kill Zone.

Rhythm: Patapon
I've never played either of these games. Patapon looks cool, but I've never even seen Rhythm Heaven played at all. I give it to Patapon because my brother loves it.

Bonus Round: Pokemon and Uncharted
Both of these are great games, but neither of them are even comparable to each other. I vote both. I agree with the above poster that this would be better compared with Zelda. It would be closer to Metroid Prime than Pokemon.

Bonus Round: Star Fox and InFamous
Both again. Once again, not really comparable.
#10OdiousThirteenPosted 1/14/2013 6:58:12 PM
Magikoopa21 posted...
Pick the series you think is better.