Scenario: If the Wii U was launched 2 years from now with all of the big games?

#11HeaderHogPosted 1/14/2013 6:47:58 PM
Wait...
Conspiracy Kenau moment.

What if this is just another Virtual Boy?
What if this is just to hold us off while we make a leap into the FURTHER Next Gen?
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#12P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/14/2013 6:48:40 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
competing hardware would have secured the market completely by then.

If the other consoles released in 2013 under this scenario then this would be accurate. Also, Nintendo would have to do something about the Wii, even though the 3DS is performing phenomenally. Lastly, if Nintendo set their franchises at the forefront like that at the same time, third parties would be scared away once more.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#13SmashBro25Posted 1/14/2013 6:52:57 PM
The bigger problem was that Wii was running out of steam extremely quickly. Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, and Kirby were the swan song titles for the Wii with literally nothing else to even consider purchasing. Nintendo would need 2-3 AAA titles to sustain the Wii over two more years, which would be counterproductive to working on next gen Wii U stuff.
---
Check out Pokemon - The Abridged Series at:
http://www.youtube.com/RocketsUnderground
#14HeaderHogPosted 1/14/2013 7:06:12 PM
SmashBro25 posted...
The bigger problem was that Wii was running out of steam extremely quickly. Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, and Kirby were the swan song titles for the Wii with literally nothing else to even consider purchasing. Nintendo would need 2-3 AAA titles to sustain the Wii over two more years, which would be counterproductive to working on next gen Wii U stuff.

Hm... True...
I'm sure that Nintendo could pull a Rainbow Road and use all their old ideas for games to sustain them, but they would have had to have planned it quite ahead of time.
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#15DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/14/2013 8:04:58 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
competing hardware would have secured the market completely by then.

If the other consoles released in 2013 under this scenario then this would be accurate. Also, Nintendo would have to do something about the Wii, even though the 3DS is performing phenomenally. Lastly, if Nintendo set their franchises at the forefront like that at the same time, third parties would be scared away once more.

Also worth noting that the sales potential of the individual franchises would be severely hurt by being released right next to eachother.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#16miraimikePosted 1/14/2013 9:23:45 PM
Why would Nintendo cannibalize their own sales by releasing all their AAA titles at the same time?
---
-Mike 3DS Friend Code: 2148-8168-3762 Street Fighter IV
"Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts"
#17ChocoboLeonhart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 1:30:58 PM
Because if there were truly great games available at launch everyone would be buying the console..

Once people have your console only then can you sell games for it.
#18beetle717Posted 1/15/2013 2:07:42 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
It would be the same as launching a Playstation 2 now. The 720, PS4, and Steambox would watch the WiiU come into the shower room with a few cute little ribbons in it's hair and follow it into the shower and make it wear lipstick before letting it know whose house it is over and over and over again.

The WiiU uses current generation(360/PS3) tech and has an old school single-touch lcd screen ripped out of a DS shoved in the controller. It's not on the same playing field.

I mean look at the Wii it came out last and was vastly less powerful and it only sold close to 100 million consoles. What did PS3 and 360 do again?
---
Why is it my dog can hold it's bladder for 8 hours while I'm at work but only 25 mins when I'm home?
#19HELZEROPosted 1/15/2013 2:18:16 PM
HeaderHog posted...
I would have also made the hardware much, much stronger.
Nintendo jumped the gun.

---
Give me a real next gen system and an online zelda that revolutionizes gaming and I'll pay $1000 easy.
#20beetle717Posted 1/15/2013 5:18:15 PM
HELZERO posted...
HeaderHog posted...
I would have also made the hardware much, much stronger.
Nintendo jumped the gun.

I agree, the vastly outpowered Wii sold a paltry 97 million units while it's much more powerful competition must have sold way more, how many was it again?
---
Why is it my dog can hold it's bladder for 8 hours while I'm at work but only 25 mins when I'm home?