Personal Review of Wii U

#1HeaderHogPosted 1/14/2013 7:19:02 PM
The Wii U. People have cried over this thing. People have trolled over this thing. People have even had bloody wars over it.
I have made this in memory of all those idiots who have made a big deal out of it. Let us begin.

Asthetics: Asthetically, the hardware looks very good. It's glossy, and the console itself is nice, thin, and can fit anywhere.

Feel: Subjectively, the GamePad feels light, and the position of the thumbsticks is unusually natural feeling. It's ergonomic, and comfortable if I want to hold it for long periods of time. It feels easy to move around like a gyroscope, and easy to shake.

Functionality: The best uses of the Wii U GamePad I have seen so far are in Nintendo Land, and they have the potential to be implemented well, such as the touchpad, microphone, gyroscopic sensor, multi screen gameplay, and other features.
The loading times are exaggerated, and so far I have not experienced long load times.
The UI of the system is actually very organized. Apps and games are in the main boxes, while built in basic features are on sidebars. They can also be easily accessed from the home menu, and you can jump easily from your game to the Internet browser to Miiverse, and then back to your game, and then a few other features I haven't exactly gotten to yet.
Graphics are on par with the PS3 and XBOX, and once developers know how to properly use the system, I'm sure that they can easily surpass their graphics.

Online: Online is adaquate, and is in the form of a sort of a Facebook-esque service known as MiiVerse.
You can ask for help, draw pictures, or just make a sarcastic, yet funny quip. It is heavily moderated, however, but it does make for a bit of a better network.
Online play is okay in most games, but voice chat is not supported. Thankfully, you can communicate via text in MiiVerse when you have a chance.

Games: For a system that just recently came out, I wasn't expecting much, but I was expecting something I haven't seen.
Nintendo Land is new, NSMBU is sort of new, but with the same sort of gameplay, and other than that... Not much else you can get elsewhere.
Competitively: This is where things get ugly.
Asthetically and ergonomically, Nintendo wins.
In the parts of functionality where other systems cannot touch Nintendo, Nintendo wins.
Other than that, Nintendo... Is, well, an old man in front of a pack of raging bulls.
They get slaughtered.
Online? Dead.
Games? It's dead for now, but will win when the new consoles come out.
Graphically? On par, but will be surpassed.
The only reason this console might not fail is if it differentiates itself enough from the competition, pulls out some always great first party games, and fixes or enhances anything they already have out.
If they do that, then the console has a good chance.

FINAL SCORE:

Standalone, it's a solid 9/10.
Compared to current consoles, it's a 7/10.

That's all, folks.
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#2ADHDguitarPosted 1/14/2013 7:21:45 PM
OH SNAP
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#3scrahfyPosted 1/14/2013 7:24:52 PM
HeaderHog posted...
The Wii U. People have cried over this thing. People have trolled over this thing. People have even had bloody wars over it.
I have made this in memory of all those idiots who have made a big deal out of it. Let us begin.

Asthetics: Asthetically, the hardware looks very good. It's glossy, and the console itself is nice, thin, and can fit anywhere.

Feel: Subjectively, the GamePad feels light, and the position of the thumbsticks is unusually natural feeling. It's ergonomic, and comfortable if I want to hold it for long periods of time. It feels easy to move around like a gyroscope, and easy to shake.

Functionality: The best uses of the Wii U GamePad I have seen so far are in Nintendo Land, and they have the potential to be implemented well, such as the touchpad, microphone, gyroscopic sensor, multi screen gameplay, and other features.
The loading times are exaggerated, and so far I have not experienced long load times.
The UI of the system is actually very organized. Apps and games are in the main boxes, while built in basic features are on sidebars. They can also be easily accessed from the home menu, and you can jump easily from your game to the Internet browser to Miiverse, and then back to your game, and then a few other features I haven't exactly gotten to yet.
Graphics are on par with the PS3 and XBOX, and once developers know how to properly use the system, I'm sure that they can easily surpass their graphics.

Online: Online is adaquate, and is in the form of a sort of a Facebook-esque service known as MiiVerse.
You can ask for help, draw pictures, or just make a sarcastic, yet funny quip. It is heavily moderated, however, but it does make for a bit of a better network.
Online play is okay in most games, but voice chat is not supported. Thankfully, you can communicate via text in MiiVerse when you have a chance.

Games: For a system that just recently came out, I wasn't expecting much, but I was expecting something I haven't seen.
Nintendo Land is new, NSMBU is sort of new, but with the same sort of gameplay, and other than that... Not much else you can get elsewhere.
Competitively: This is where things get ugly.
Asthetically and ergonomically, Nintendo wins.
In the parts of functionality where other systems cannot touch Nintendo, Nintendo wins.
Other than that, Nintendo... Is, well, an old man in front of a pack of raging bulls.
They get slaughtered.
Online? Dead.
Games? It's dead for now, but will win when the new consoles come out.
Graphically? On par, but will be surpassed.
The only reason this console might not fail is if it differentiates itself enough from the competition, pulls out some always great first party games, and fixes or enhances anything they already have out.
If they do that, then the console has a good chance.

FINAL SCORE:

Standalone, it's a solid 9/10.
Compared to current consoles, it's a 7/10.

That's all, folks.

lol. ok. zzzzzzzz.zzzzz. passes back out. lol
#4HeaderHog(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 7:25:48 PM
Hang on. Let me get this out of the way.

tl;dr

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/147/193/130927615839.gif
---
#5TheBonfiniPosted 1/14/2013 7:26:35 PM
Pretty unbiased review with no trolling of fanboyism, so respect.

The only thing I'm curious about is why would you have two separate scores at the end?

The first you gave a 9 and then when you contrasted it to other consoles you deducted 2 points.

So what is the actual score?
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#6LifelessBoyPosted 1/14/2013 7:26:43 PM
HeaderHog posted...
Hang on. Let me get this out of the way.

tl;dr

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/147/193/130927615839.gif

That was awesome.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me bro. GT: YFAL Putipuelko - PSN: LifelessLoser - Steam ID: YFAL_Putipuelko
#7HeaderHog(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 7:32:35 PM
TheBonfini posted...
Pretty unbiased review with no trolling of fanboyism, so respect.

The only thing I'm curious about is why would you have two separate scores at the end?

The first you gave a 9 and then when you contrasted it to other consoles you deducted 2 points.

So what is the actual score?

I'm saying that it's a good console on its own, but there are better offerings. The only reason you really should buy it is if you want to play some good first party games.
---
#8HeaderHog(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 7:33:16 PM
So, an official score would be around 7.5/10.
---
#9TheBonfiniPosted 1/14/2013 7:37:22 PM
HeaderHog posted...

Fair enough, thanks for clarifying your reasoning.

It'll be funny to see people attempt to argue with your opinion simply based on them having a different one with out actually offering any sort of rebuttal. Good luck!
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#10HeaderHog(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 7:42:50 PM
TheBonfini posted...
HeaderHog posted...

Fair enough, thanks for clarifying your reasoning.

It'll be funny to see people attempt to argue with your opinion simply based on them having a different one with out actually offering any sort of rebuttal. Good luck!

So far, I haven't had anybody try to contradict me.
Knock on wood.
---