I am really paranoid when it comes to downloading games on the Wii U.

#1spealfan444Posted 1/14/2013 8:30:39 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I am REALLY scared of downloading games on the Wii U.
The thought that all my $60+ each digital retail games cam be gone if the console breaks is heart breaking to me, though I still want to download the games because of the digital promotion, and that I got an HDD for the system.
I really hope that Nintendo will patch this in the future, even something like the 3DS with the system transfer would would help immensely.
---
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
#2picanoPosted 1/14/2013 8:35:31 PM
No need to be scared, the games are tied to the account... it just happens that the only ones who can restore an account from a broken console, at the moment, are Nintendo. Though, hopefully it's improved at some point.
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#3NettoSaitoPosted 1/14/2013 8:37:10 PM
Soon we'll be able to access our Nintendo Network accounts on computers, phones, tablets, and most likely even the 3DS.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
My Backloggery - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#4hellbringherPosted 1/14/2013 8:37:39 PM
I am the same way about indie games.

I don't see how you are concerned about the promotion when you can spend $45 for a retail game vs. $60 for download + promotion. At least that's money in your pocket and it also saves you a lot more.
---
Regular Show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adventure Time
#5SSJ4CHRISPosted 1/14/2013 8:40:50 PM
I won't ever download games from Nintendo services unless they are free, like Four Swords Adventures or some of those apps. I can't justify buying games on a system locked console. The only way to move the content to another system is too have the first one break, and then you still need to send it to Nintendo to get that. Their so called account system is just friend codes with names instead of numbers.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#6TheStarCorePosted 1/14/2013 8:43:18 PM
If it breaks, Nintendo will repair it. You'll keep your games. No different to the Wii in that regards. But also games are tied to the account and the console, however accounts are tied to the console as well (for now).
#7Baha05Posted 1/14/2013 8:45:05 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
I won't ever download games from Nintendo services unless they are free, like Four Swords Adventures or some of those apps. I can't justify buying games on a system locked console. The only way to move the content to another system is too have the first one break, and then you still need to send it to Nintendo to get that. Their so called account system is just friend codes with names instead of numbers.

Well yeah until they update the system. Until then you do what you have to do
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#8Starwars4JPosted 1/14/2013 9:34:55 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Their so called account system is just friend codes with names instead of numbers.

Which is what people like you were whining about for the longest time. "I want user names!" "I want a gamertag" "Numbers are hard to remember and type!"

At least now you acknowledge that Friend Codes really were not too different from the account systems the competition offered.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade