What game would you pay $200 for?

#131jjars898Posted 1/15/2013 9:11:34 PM
You ask as though I have $200 to spend on anything. But if I did, I'd pay for a PS3, because they cost more than $200. It'd be the best deal of the year.
---
Proper grammar (no joke): "Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
#132overmaxxPosted 1/15/2013 9:23:03 PM(edited)
Any launch game or a game you get the console for costs more than that, considering you have to get the console to play it, the console price ends up adding to the game price, at least for that month.

So in a way, I did pay $360 to play Demon's Souls, and $300 to play New Super Mario Bros Wii (two games that made me buy their consoles)
#133PSP FanboyPosted 1/15/2013 9:21:38 PM
Currently i am working on my retro game collection. I have bought several snes games for around 100 dollars.

At this moment I'd pay that much for a copy of Earthbound, ONLY if it came with the original strategy guide.

I guess it's all about what your into.
---
SNES + 13" tube tv + 3 footer PHX Tetra + lazyboy = The Best Thing in The World
Bringing this millenniums entertainment to my childhoods
#134txlionPosted 1/15/2013 10:36:18 PM
I'd easily drop $200 for A Virtua Fighter 6. It's probabably the only game I would do that though.
#135ADHDguitarPosted 1/15/2013 10:40:23 PM
Pretty much any Pokemon game.

Hey, I'm biased.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#136darkqueenhelbaPosted 1/15/2013 10:47:05 PM
I literally paid $300 for Panzer Dragoon Saga. I've done these kinds of things many times.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#137DarthFloatyPosted 1/15/2013 10:55:21 PM
That currently exists: only something like a massive Mario Anthology (like 15 - 25+ games).

Fictional? A Paper Mario that greatly improves on TTYD in everyway (which would be DAMN hard to do), has mind blowing visuals and music, has a story even better than SPM, uses Bowser as a villain, and truly embodies the series by liberally borrowing elements/characters from all of them and going from there.

I honestly would pay $200 for that game, without question or regret. I'd buy an entire system with that as the only game if I had to.
#138Tsutarja495Posted 1/15/2013 11:02:24 PM
I don't know if I would actually pay this much for them, but these are some I think are worth the price of multiple games based on how much time I put into them.

-Any SSB game
-Any Pokemon main game
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Exporers of Sky on the DS
-Gladius on the GC
-Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii
-FF Tactics A2 for the DS

Now, what would I actually pay $200 for? The Mother Trilogy, localized of course.
#139AsuirPosted 1/15/2013 11:34:50 PM
Buretsu posted...
One that came strapped to a hooker.

I like the way you think.
---
Ftw!
#140MelvinX93Posted 1/16/2013 1:08:22 AM
STE573 posted...
MelvinX93 posted...
STE573 posted...
I've just paid the equivalent of $130 for Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition (79.99), and that is the most I've ever paid for a game.

It is steep, but considering the pedigree behind it (huge fan of Ghibli) I'm hardly going to regret it. It just got a 94 from IGN too! Cannot wait for Feb 1st!

You bought a special edition, not a Game worth that price. There's a difference between Ni No Kuni at 130$ and Ni no Kuni Wizard's Edition at 130$.

On topic, I will never pay any amount over the general price 60$. Unless I, from the bottom of my heart would love to have it. Then I would.

On Special editions Anything over 150$ is shot down; and still if it's over 100$ I have to really think about it.

I'm not sure I get your angle... I payed the amount for the game because I wanted the Special edition even though I could have just got the Normal edition. Regardless, I still paid the above amount for the game...

What I mean is the WE has some bonus stuff. Exclusuve to it. Just like any LE, CE. That's why it costs more. So in they way OP is asking its a different case. It's JUST the.game. Nothing else.
---
PSN: MxWhiteKnight