What game would you pay $200 for?

#21cavebear56Posted 1/15/2013 9:26:47 AM
The game I could turn around and sell for $1000 or at the very least $600.

Otherwise no game exists.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#22digiblasterPosted 1/15/2013 9:29:13 AM
In terms of the playtime I've gotten out of games, the one that springs to mind immediately is Tales of Symphonia. I must have played it through 12+ times, probably racking up 750+ hours of playtime.

Sadly I sold it for about 35 (which was a lot to me at the time) but I've regretted it ever since. Hopefully it might make its way onto the Wii U Virtual Console if GC games get the go-ahead...
#23meiyukiPosted 1/15/2013 9:36:39 AM
Does this include dlc, expansions, and subscriptions? Cause for example I easily paid $1000 for ffxi, 5 to 6 years of subscription, plus 3 or 4 expansions on top of the initial purchase. Similar for EQ. If we ignore subscriptions though, a game with expansions would get me to spend $200. I'd never do it all at once cause I have no way of knowing if the game sucks.

$200 is hard to get to on just dlc, but that's the way it'd get me to spend the money.
#24MegagunstarmanPosted 1/15/2013 9:40:49 AM
Megaman Legends 3
Smash Bros 4
Grandia 4
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#25WaruigiPosted 1/15/2013 9:40:52 AM
I would pay that much a new Paper Mario that's actually a turn-based RPG similar to TTYD or a turn-based FF with an Uematsu soundtrack and quality similar to that of the old FFs.
---
"I'm no longer surprised by how long and how earnestly people can talk about absolute rubbish." -shockwavepulsarjim
#26CaptainMoosePosted 1/15/2013 9:41:30 AM
The most I payed for a game was this week actually, spent $80 on used copy of Fire Emblem Path of Radiance for the GCN. I at least can't remember ever paying more then this for a game, but it wouldn't surprise me if I had for some rare game I got. Though most of my rare games were acquired as a kid when they first came out.
#27DChybridkingPosted 1/15/2013 9:56:47 AM
IamDodongo posted...
I would pay $200 for a Mega Man Legends 3 on Wii U

I was just about to post that myself. God I want that game. stupid capcom
---
Fight to preserve that which inspires hope - Ezio Auditore
#28ChargrilledPosted 1/15/2013 9:57:35 AM
Ive already paid the uk equivalent of that on skyrim collectors and the bioshock songbird efition preorder

Plus some if my neogeo carts cost twice that
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#29toomanymouthsPosted 1/15/2013 10:03:04 AM
From a business perspective, most of us probably have if we bought NES or SNES games. Consider the following:

-Inflation has occurred, and those games used to be $50.

-The money spent on those games could have been invested. Unless you bought a game that has increased in value, more than likely it has become near worthless (a few bucks). If you put that money in the right place instead of the game, it would be worth much more money today.
#30toomanymouthsPosted 1/15/2013 10:04:02 AM
Oh, and otherwise, I would pay $200 to go through the original Everquest again on a WELL-POPULATED progression server. Easy.