Zombie U worth it?

#1RollinfromhellPosted 1/15/2013 3:59:18 AM
I am gonna rent it from GameFly.. I have a 10 day free trial. I definitely wanna play NSMBU. I have a choice between Zombie U, Sonic All-Stars Transformed, and Journey for the PS3 (I know unrelated but I really want to play it). What is a good choice? I enjoy all genres, so it's not an issue. I just want the best possible experience on my first 2 Wii U games ever.
#2LordBowserPosted 1/15/2013 4:12:15 AM
Rollinfromhell posted...
I am gonna rent it from GameFly.. I have a 10 day free trial. I definitely wanna play NSMBU. I have a choice between Zombie U, Sonic All-Stars Transformed, and Journey for the PS3 (I know unrelated but I really want to play it). What is a good choice? I enjoy all genres, so it's not an issue. I just want the best possible experience on my first 2 Wii U games ever.

If you're renting it, you'll be able to experience it yourself.

ZombiU is one of those games where you'll either love it or hate it, and the only way to find out is to play it. You're renting it, so that will work out fine.

I personally liked Sonic All-Stars Transformed, it is a really great kart racer, on par with the Mario Kart series.

NSMBU is the best 2D Mario since Super Mario World. It is amazing. A must have if you own this system.

I am going to assume you have Nintendo Land.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#3sumweeabooPosted 1/15/2013 4:14:18 AM
The ZombiU demo is on the eshop, OP. So if you end up not renting it you can fall back on that and still try it out.
---
---
#4The_Shadow_LinkPosted 1/15/2013 4:25:23 AM
Journey is one of the best games out there. But it's also quite short, short enough that you could easily rent it and beat it in one sitting anyway.

But Sonic Racing Transformed is VASTLY superior than Zombi U. Zombi U is a very mixed game. Only Survival Horror fans really seem to enjoy it as from a gameplay perspective alone it has serious flaws. Sonic Racing Transformed is a very good racing game that whilst it initially had some pretty big glitches they have since been fixed by patches. I'd recommend Sonic Racing Transformed over Zombi U. Easily. Zombi U I believe is overhyped. Sonic Racing Transformed the much better game of the bunch.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#5nimrod5480Posted 1/15/2013 5:09:29 AM
I just beat ZombiU and absolutly loved it. My favorite Wii U game currently. Like someone else said though, you will love it or hate it. It is a slower-paced true survival horror game with moments of high tension/stress/scares. You will spend most of your time killing zombies with a cricket bat and not guns, so if you are looking for a zombie shooter (like recent Resident Evil games) this is not for you.

Great game, very hard, and very scary.
#6Lemmywinks13Posted 1/15/2013 6:04:43 AM
Zombi U was great for me. Favorite game on the system so far. Definately need to try it.
#7hellbringherPosted 1/15/2013 6:24:01 AM
The people that paid full price are going to say yes for reassurance. Those who didn't are going to be honest and say no.
---
Regular Show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adventure Time
#8parkourboybryanPosted 1/15/2013 6:27:59 AM
hellbringher, everyone knows you don't have a Wii U and have no plans to get one, so why would you bother even coming to this board?

At TC, since there's a demo of ZombiU on the eShop, I'd download that and use your trial to rent NSMBU. Like the other poster said, it is the best 2D Mario since SMW, and I think it even surpasses it on some accounts.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#9wingo84Posted 1/15/2013 6:33:17 AM
hellbringher posted...
The people that paid full price are going to say yes for reassurance. Those who didn't are going to be honest and say no.

No No No No

Man you are such a tool.

ZombiU is really fun and has repayable value to it... you totally get the urge to better yourself after your first run through.

The game is not, i repeat NOT a typical FPS. It is a true survival horror and if you encounter 2 or more zombies you are in trouble!

It's scary.
---
NNID - Wingo84
#10The_Shadow_LinkPosted 1/15/2013 9:46:44 AM
/\ Like I said, only Survival Horror fans like Zombi U. From a Scares perspective it's good. But from an actual gameplay perspective, as in actually playing it. Would you rather have a solid racing game. Or a SCAN EVERYTHING VERY SLOWLY followed by HIT ZOMBIE WITH CRICKET BAT deal. Zombi U may have presentation down, but mechanics and controls have serious problems.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~