History of Nintendo's Controllers.

#1KroganBallEaterPosted 1/15/2013 9:17:14 AM
NES: THIS IS NIIIICE

SNES: oooo curvy.

N64:...wtf is this sh** I don't want to play with this.

Gamecube: wtf is this the buttons are like smashed up together and my fingers barely can get onto the control sticks.

Wii: ok nintendo you're losing it not a lot of people are going to want to use this.

Wii U: OH MY GOOOOOOD SOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
#2muffinmasherPosted 1/15/2013 9:26:32 AM
Haha i would agree with most of the above.
The most wtf moment was with the n64 controller, seriously, I had no idea which of the 3 prongs to put my hands on as a kid.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#3digiblasterPosted 1/15/2013 9:44:07 AM
I can't comment on NES or SNES since I've only played those games through VC on Wii/3DS, but I disagree with a lot of that.

The N64 was odd, I'll give you that. I've not had much experience with it though, only playing other people's consoles. But the GameCube controller was pretty much the best controller I've ever used! The Wii U is up there too, with bonus points in terms of functionality. The Wii was very hit and miss - it was comfortable enough, but damn waggle.
#4miraimikePosted 1/15/2013 9:48:50 AM
SNES still has the most comfortable controller in existence, which the Classic Controller just improved upon. Gamecube's controller was nice, except for the awful face button config. I still like the idea of analog triggers.
---
-Mike 3DS Friend Code: 2148-8168-3762 Street Fighter IV
"Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts"
#5Love-WilcoxPosted 1/15/2013 9:53:40 AM
Gamecubes face buttons were great. The only thing that let that controller down was only one "z" button.
---
Flow: 68
PSN: Love-Wilcox
#6IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/15/2013 9:56:20 AM
NES: alright, annoying pointed edges point towards no one in their department understanding ergonomics

SNES: much better, now make that Dpad clicky.

N64: sigh, why?

GCN: This is better, stick with this idea!

Wii: Seriously? Stop ruining yourselves

Wii U: See above.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#7DChybridkingPosted 1/15/2013 9:57:57 AM
I thought the gcn controller was nice.
---
Fight to preserve that which inspires hope - Ezio Auditore
#8lt519Posted 1/15/2013 10:17:38 AM
Haha go back to Goldeneye and try strafing with the C-buttons, ugh it's terrible. But the N64 controller wasn't that bad, after all it gave us that oh-so sweet Z button.
#9GloryChaosPosted 1/15/2013 10:23:47 AM
Nes: Never touched one. 90s baby here. My first console was a Sega Genesis and I got it after its generation was over.

SNES: boy oh boy I sure do love video games!

N64: do any games use the d-pad? Oh well. I sure do love video games!

GameCube: MELEE!

Wii (before using it): what the hell is this? I'll just wait for Smash bros.
Wii(after using it): It's...it's good at everything! Sidescrollers work fine. Nunchuck controls dominate fps games. It's easier to DAC and Bstick in brawl! Sucks badly for fighters that want to implement motion controls though.

WiiU: The hell is this? Lol Nintendo, what a joke.
WiiU (after using it): Perfection personified in plastic form.

As you can see, controllers didn't start bothering me until the Wii.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#10sejan12Posted 1/15/2013 10:24:34 AM
NES - Best controller ever released at the time, but the pointy edges are annoying
dogbone contoller - much better
SNES - Best controller ever released at the time. This controller literally set the standard for every great controller that followed
N64 - The analog stick is great, but why release a controller that requires 3 hands for a species that only has 2 hands
Gamecube - This controller is comfortable, but it was plagued by little complaints
Wii - Umm... ok. Cool controller, but the system would have done better if they would have also included a classic controller with the system.
Wii U - Much better. The Gamepad screen is awesome, the pro controller is comfy, the buttons are labeled correctly and the placement is not nearly as bad as I thought it might be