Damn you CrapStop!

#31Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 1/15/2013 3:49:10 PM
Faceman_ posted...
Go to your local GS and tell them you want a sealed copy. I bought Bayonetta 2 new and it was a gutted copy. The guy puts it on the counter and I pay. I realized it wasn't sealed so told him I asked for new. He told me it was just open to use as a display box, we'll I looked at the disk and saw this giant scratch on the bottom, told him I wanted my money back and went down the street to best buy and paid the extra 10 bucks for a real new copy.

I would just go to ebay to get it new.

He should get fired for selling you a game that isn't out yet.
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#32j_darrellPosted 1/15/2013 4:21:28 PM
Does it mention gutted copies in their online ToS?
#33mmc2679(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 4:38:21 PM
j_darrell posted...
Does it mention gutted copies in their online ToS?

Didn't check that. But that'd be disastrous for them if they mention anything like that. There's nothing in the world they can use to justify charging the "New" price for an open and used item.
---
PSN ID: Mustq
Can't believe I spelled my own name wrong. :(
#34Ness0123456789Posted 1/15/2013 4:39:49 PM
Dragonyeuw posted...
At this point getting it for $49 from Gamestop is a steal compared to the prices you'll see online. What's reprehensible is Gamestop packaging a gutted copy as 'new'.

You're right. The Online prices on Fleabay and Dumbazon is outrageous. And anyone who shops at GameStop knows about their shoddy practice. But I really wasn't expecting a gutted copy. It's one thing when you buy the gutted copy at a local store because you had no choice, but it's another matter when they ship it you in a dirty box with a "New" label on it.

Anyway...I've filed a complaint with the BBB. And now I am waiting to hear from CrapStop. It'd be interesting to hear what they have to say, if they decide to response anyway. I am unsure how effective is BBB.

...Fleabay? Dumbazon? CRAPstop?

What are you, thirteen?
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#35crimsonclaw111Posted 1/15/2013 4:51:52 PM
Pretty sure if you complain loudly and firmly enough about a gutted copy they'll listen. I plan on complaining a lot if I go to pick up my Metal Gear Rising copy and it's been opened.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#36mmc2679(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 4:52:45 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...

What are you, thirteen?

Nah. Just like to be creative with names. :P
---
#37Ness0123456789Posted 1/15/2013 4:53:33 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...

What are you, thirteen?

I wouldn't call any of those creative, but yeah, continue to think that.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#38Faceman_Posted 1/15/2013 7:03:55 PM
Awesomely Awesome AJ posted...
Faceman_ posted...
Go to your local GS and tell them you want a sealed copy. I bought Bayonetta 2 new and it was a gutted copy. The guy puts it on the counter and I pay. I realized it wasn't sealed so told him I asked for new. He told me it was just open to use as a display box, well I looked at the disk and saw this giant scratch on the bottom, told him I wanted my money back and went down the street to best buy and paid the extra 10 bucks for a real new copy.

I would just go to ebay to get it new.

He should get fired for selling you a game that isn't out yet.

PS3 Bayonetta... Not to mention, it had this huge ugly "NEW!" sticker on the insert. Not even on the outside case where it could have been easily peeled off, it was on the damn insert. Never bought another game from them.
#39bskiffingtonPosted 1/15/2013 7:27:51 PM
I purchased a copy of Darksiders 2 for the Wii U from my EB Games and it didn't have the plastic wrap on the outside of the case. No idea why, but the game didn't appear to be used. The manual was in good condition as if it was a sealed copy and the disk wasn't scratched, it was just weird. The guy at the desk but a sticky circle thing where the case opened, but I wonder what happened?
#40mmc2679(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 9:03:01 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...
Ness0123456789 posted...

What are you, thirteen?

I wouldn't call any of those creative, but yeah, continue to think that.

I do. Thank you. And you're the only one who seem to care. So I wonder what that makes you. :P
---