ITT: A list of bad games made by Platinum Games

#51Poopcorn13Posted 1/15/2013 10:30:30 PM(edited)
From what I've seen, there are those who just blew through MadWorld beating up enemies and those who went the extra mile doing creative kills racking up points for the best score.

If you're the latter and still didn't like the game, that's fine. There are legitimate problems.

Never played Infinite Space.

Bayonetta is my favorite game of 7th gen.

Vanquish is neat. The slide is too much fun even though it's just a gloried sprint action.

Anarchy Reigns is ridiculously fun, although has a very weak single player mode. If multiplayer/playing with bots is your thing, you can't go wrong with this game in that department.

MGR: Revengeance is probably going to get me into Metal Gear. Sad, I know.

Bayonetta 2 is Bayonetta 2.

Wonderful 101 looks like a mix of Viewtiful Joe and Pikmin. This appeals to me in so many ways that I'm buying it as soon as possible.

All-in-all, yeah. No truly bad games and the future games look to keep up that tradition. (Except Bayo2 on the account of nothing has been shown.) Keep it up, PG.
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#52DTY3Posted 1/16/2013 10:05:37 AM
Buretsu posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
MINION9009 posted...
wait two question

1. wow they made infinite space?

2. who in their damn right mind thinks infinite space was a bad game?

Demon Dog would hate Uncharted 3 if it was on a Nintendo system.

Probably call it a remake of Tomb Raider.

Dude Raider.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#53StarBladeEdgePosted 1/16/2013 10:06:40 AM
everything except maybe bayonetta but it has some flaws too.
---
Nintendo The Best Game Company
WiiU True Next Gen for the next 8-10 years !
#54Oni_TaedoPosted 1/16/2013 1:57:39 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Infinite Space
MadWorld

are both bad games, their only bad games are on Nintendo consoles...

Except Mad World is probably one of the best games this gen.

You don't know what a good game is, do you, DD?

Yeah I do, you apparently don't.

Except you don't.

If you did, you wouldn't have enjoyed Little Big Planet. One of the worst games ever made, with some neat ideas, and poor execution.

Little Big Planet is arguably on par with Mario in some areas. Sometimes boring, but so much content it hardly matters.

You posted earlier about the difference between a fact and an opinion. Apparently you don't know the difference.

No, I know the difference.
I don't like LBP, that alone doesn't make it bad.
The awful physics, bland aesthetic, and bleh controls are what make it bad.
I like plenty of bad games. Hell, I recently fell in love with Lollipop Chainsaw, and that game just has so much wrong with it, that I can't even make an actual list.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#55SegavsCapcomPosted 1/16/2013 6:55:34 PM
Fyrus797 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
Fyrus797 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
Innerscope posted...

So... it's back to that stupid static again. You think I don't know whats going on in here? I know what goes on in this cottage. It's a conspiracy, and every one of you low watts is in on it. Just because you can move around you think your better than I am! I'm not an invalid! I was designed to stick in a wall! I LIKE BEING STUCK IN THIS STUPID WALL! I can help it if the kid was too short to reach my dials! IT'S MY FUNCTION!!!

*dies*

Anyone who gets this reference has my respect.

It sounds so familiar, but I don't know >.< read the whole thread looking for an answer, but I am disappoint

I am diassapoint too. I'll give a hint. It centered around objects that became animate when humans aren't looking.

Another hint: John Lasseter worked on it.

It's not Toy Story.

Was it the brave toaster?

Going out on a limb here since its the only movie I can remember with inanimate objects coming to life when people aren't around them than toy story. You were really descriptive, so I hope I'm right >.<

You are definitely correct. That spiel was from the AC in Brave Little Toaster.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#56SegavsCapcomPosted 1/16/2013 6:58:06 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
The only problem I can think of with Madworld is due to the controls, with a real controller it would be much better.

Actually, I think MadWorld's combat excelled because of the Wiimote. Probably a personal thing, as I prefer shaking a stick for a QTE rather than just pushing a button.

On that note, how would MadWorld benefit from a conventional controller?
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#57Phange 2Posted 1/16/2013 7:01:24 PM
I have MadWorld. Got it for $2.99 used at Gamestop.

It's OK. Very stylish but also not particularly well made.
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#58CrystalKing5426Posted 1/16/2013 7:02:05 PM
Dimaggio: Y'know I once slid down a zipline. Couldn't jerk off for two days.

Proops: It took two days to heal?

Dimaggio: It took four weeks to heal, I just have no willpower.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
#59Board_hunter567Posted 1/16/2013 7:02:40 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
So... it's back to that stupid static again. You think I don't know whats going on in here? I know what goes on in this cottage. It's a conspiracy

Right there is when I started reading that in his voice.
#60crowe_1Posted 1/16/2013 8:57:51 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
The only problem I can think of with Madworld is due to the controls, with a real controller it would be much better.

Actually, I think MadWorld's combat excelled because of the Wiimote. Probably a personal thing, as I prefer shaking a stick for a QTE rather than just pushing a button.

On that note, how would MadWorld benefit from a conventional controller?

Agree with this. Madworld is an example of motion controls done right.

That being said, the problems with it were that a) it was waaaay too short, b) the post-game content felt unfinished, c) there wasn't quite enough variety in the environmental kills, d) there is a score system, but there isn't a reward for getting high scores beyond level completion, which would have greatly extended replay value. Were there leaderboards? I forget.

Still love the game for its original concept (for a videogame anyway), story, art style, over-the-top nature, hilarious commentators, some of the best boss fights this gen, and immersive motion controls (yes, a few people here have disagreed, but I'd be willing to bet that they just aren't fans of motion control in general). But there are the few nagging issues listed above.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1