Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed or Batman Arkham City?

#1Chaos_KreaturePosted 1/15/2013 7:49:04 PM
I'm considering getting one of the above games, but since i'm on a budget, I want to know which people say I should get.
---
MHT: Zyzax MH3U: Hopefully the same, if not for some reason, TriforceKnight(also my NN id)
#2HungoverHero777Posted 1/15/2013 7:49:54 PM
Can't speak for AC, but Sonic Racing is loads of fun.
---
My ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board.
#3Reflex-ArcPosted 1/15/2013 7:53:29 PM
AC is a phenomenal game, but I'd argue that S&ASRT would offer greater replay value. Plus, local multiplayer is a blast.
---
I like video games.
#4themoth2112Posted 1/15/2013 7:53:39 PM
Arkham city, it has about 40-50 hours of gameplay and it's amazing!
Sonic racing is a kart racing game that has an online mode and a Wii u exclusive mini game. Get Arkham. You won't regret it.
---
mothmusic.tumblr.com
#5dark trunksPosted 1/15/2013 7:54:22 PM
If you can get Arkham City on another console, I'd do that.

If you want a game on the Wii U, I'd pick Sonic over Batman. Batman is a great game, but the people Rocksteady passed it on to to port it to the Wii U ballsed it up.

Sonic Racing is a lot of fun, and so far I haven't found any glaring issues with the game. I wouldn't say it's the sharpest looking of all the consoles, but I'd say it's the smoothest, and that, for me, is far more important than which looks better. Definitely worth the purchase, especially if you want a game you can pop on for a quick fix.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#6Y34RX3R0Posted 1/15/2013 7:58:19 PM
How is the online community for sonic racing?
---
PSN: Y34RX3R0
Nintendo Wii U ID: HumanAPE
#7DarthFloatyPosted 1/15/2013 8:05:49 PM
Both are fantastic on the Wii U. I've played both quiet a bit.

I'd say Batman if you're playing alone, Sonic if you're playing with friends (online or local).
#8Tino_Tonitini2Posted 1/15/2013 8:07:02 PM
Both are great games but if we're talking about the Wii U versions, get Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. It's a fairly robust and challenging game and it's generally cheaper than Arkham City ($39.99 vs $59.99 at most retailers), which is important since you say you're on a budget. After the release of the most recent patch, the Wii U one is currently the best version of the game (in my opinion of course) thanks to a few extra features not found in the other versions.

Besides, I've read that the Wii U version of Arkham City has a choppy framerate at times and there might be other issues. If you can, pick up a copy of AC for one of the other systems (PS3, XBox 360, or PC) as it will be cheaper and run better.

I'll close by saying if you can afford both the Wii U version of S&ASRT and a cheaper non-Wii U version of AC, do that. Otherwise buy the cheaper one now and get the other one later when you can afford it.
#9Tino_Tonitini2Posted 1/15/2013 8:11:54 PM
Y34RX3R0 posted...
How is the online community for sonic racing?

A bit light on the amount of players that can be found but it seems to be a problem with all versions of the game, not just the Wii U one. I guess not enough are buying it or at least not going online with it. I've gotten the impression though that the online community for the Wii U version might be relatively beefier than the other versions, if only slightly.
#10Chaos_Kreature(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 8:16:01 PM
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...
Both are great games but if we're talking about the Wii U versions, get Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. It's a fairly robust and challenging game and it's generally cheaper than Arkham City ($39.99 vs $59.99 at most retailers), which is important since you say you're on a budget. After the release of the most recent patch, the Wii U one is currently the best version of the game (in my opinion of course) thanks to a few extra features not found in the other versions.

Besides, I've read that the Wii U version of Arkham City has a choppy framerate at times and there might be other issues. If you can, pick up a copy of AC for one of the other systems (PS3, XBox 360, or PC) as it will be cheaper and run better.

I'll close by saying if you can afford both the Wii U version of S&ASRT and a cheaper non-Wii U version of AC, do that. Otherwise buy the cheaper one now and get the other one later when you can afford it.

I think I'll do that, thanks!
/topic
---
MHT: Zyzax MH3U: Hopefully the same, if not for some reason, TriforceKnight(also my NN id)