Wii U, Who is it for? (long read)

#21FlyinTonitePosted 1/15/2013 11:08:09 PM
HELZERO posted...
FlyinTonite posted...
If that's what tc considers a long read I shudder to think about his opinions on a book. A herculean task perhaps?

Whats your issue with the TC pointing out it was a long read for a message board? O youre another nintendo drone trying to take cheap shots at TC's logical explaination on why your console ate it this generation.. thats right

Considering your sig, I highly doubt logical explanations are your forte. Baseless assumptions and arbitrary spending seem more your speed. Tootles.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#22Tsutarja495Posted 1/15/2013 11:34:18 PM
The Wii U is for Nintendo fanboys such as myself who love Nintendo IPs. Well, those of us who still like Nintendo, not the "Iwata killed Nintendo" guys.
#23diggyfreshPosted 1/15/2013 11:40:21 PM
Wii U is targeted at the consumers you'd least expect......
---
Currently playing: CODBLOPS2, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#24DarthFloatyPosted 1/15/2013 11:43:10 PM
FlyinTonite posted...
If that's what tc considers a long read I shudder to think about his opinions on a book. A herculean task perhaps?

I find your use of the word herculean lulzy.
#25DynheartPosted 1/16/2013 1:08:28 AM(edited)
Nintendo is fine. It's the gaming community that has to change...it's gone down hill the last 10 years.

The people/players? It's just not the same; and I'm not taking about the internet. The people outside...my god.

I tried to buy a specific wire for my Wii U eHDD from Best Buy...That dude managed to turn it into a console war, or tried.

And that's what it's like, everywhere. You buy Nintendo...you get scoffed at. When did people care so much? It's my money. It happens here (gamefaqs). It happens at Best Buy. It happens at GameStop. It happened a the bowling alley...and at hobby lobby (dude ripped on me for wearing a Mario 3 t-shirt).

Like I said...Nintendo and the Wii U will be fine. It's the gaming community that needs help. When we start putting people down, we don't even know, for no reason...for buying something that doesn't effect you in any way?

Issues.....issues.

Just let the player enjoy his/her/it purchase, be it Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony...Blech...
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#26nedrithPosted 1/16/2013 1:09:46 AM
The Wii U is targeted at everyone!:

You might say the Wii U can't be targeted at casuals because of it's lack of games and it's high price. Well all consoles start at a relative high price and the Wii U is still cheap for a new console. Casuals(as a lot of people define casuals) aren't going to be day 1 buyers, they aren't likely to be first month or first year buyers they will wait for that price drop something that Nintendo is usually relatively quick at.

Hardcore, Look at what you have this gen(or last gen, but for the sake of conversation I will consider the Wii,PS3,and 360 to be this gen and the Wii U to be next gen as I'd rather not type last gen) . Hardcore gamers are likely to buy two systems. the PS3 or the 360 depending on what exclusives and what features they enjoy the most and then the Wii. The Wii has a lot of exclusives that seperate it from the PS3 and the 360 while the difference between the PS3 and the 360 aren't so much. Online isn't everything and the games on the Wii are enjoyable without online, achievements/trophies are negligible for the most part and DLC isn't necessary if the game came complete(in fact I bought very, very little DLC this gen despite owning close to and probably surpassing a hundred games).

So the question is do they need to target any specific audience, no. Nintendo made the most profits last gen basically doing what they continue to do. Rather than competing with the PS3 or 360 they just makes themselves different. Make most gamers want to own one even if they already own a PS3 or 360. While doing so also grab the casual population who enjoys party games that the PS3 and 360 has relatively ignored.
#27Jounetsu2105Posted 1/16/2013 1:29:56 AM
I really hate all topics like this.

Who is it for?

People who want to buy it and play the games it has to offer.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Don't like it? Don't buy it.
#28mjc0961Posted 1/16/2013 1:35:44 AM
silverbullt posted...
If the Wii U is trully a next gen system then how come it was made to compete with the X360 and PS3 or their next gen equivalent rather than being it's on thing like the Wii was?

Because it was made to be its own thing and you're just trolling by claiming it wasn't.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#29Rasputin77Posted 1/16/2013 6:32:12 AM
Considering your sig, I highly doubt logical explanations are your forte. Baseless assumptions and arbitrary spending seem more your speed.

... Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons?
---
Wii U board rule: If the topic title has ANY adjective with a negative implication... it's time to pee pants.
http://alturl.com/hc9un
#30LugiaMaster45Posted 1/16/2013 6:47:15 AM
omg will peopl stfu about who the Wii U is for. or it having an identity crisis.

ill answer the question

ITS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT IT AND LIKE VIDEO GAMES!!!... OMG SHOCKER!!... HUH
---
NintendoID: KINGZXGAMBIT87
XBXLIVE GAMTAG: XAVEUSCAESAR WiiU60ers UNITE