Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate On Wii U To Support USB Keyboards For Chat

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/16/2013 1:25:27 AM
When Capcom released Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the Wii U in Japan, the game allowed players to use the Wii U GamePad as a virtual keyboard, but didn’t support USB keyboards at launch. Then, Capcom announced that the game would be patched to include USB keyboard support.

This feature will be included in the U.S. release, too. Capcom’s Senior VP, Christian Svensson, shared on the company forums: “I’ve just been told by the [product manager] that there will be a day 1 update that will add functionality to support USB keyboards for chat.”

In the same forum post, Svensson also hints that Capcom will soon share “other news” on communication methods supported in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate as well.

Hopefully, that refers to voice chat, which is a feature that series producer, Ryozo Tsujimoto, has stated in the past Capcom were considering. Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii supported voice chat as well.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/15/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-on-wii-u-to-support-usb-keyboards-for-chat/
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#2sumweeabooPosted 1/16/2013 1:27:42 AM
Hooray. Now I can spam messages faster.

"halp hr 31 plz"
---
---
#3xXSmash_BrosXxPosted 1/16/2013 1:27:57 AM
Good because it takes forever to type on there without keyboard.
---
NN ID: Zmazh9000
#4kdognumba1Posted 1/16/2013 1:35:49 AM
No voice chat?
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#5JackalPosted 1/16/2013 5:03:47 AM
Voice chat, please.

Using a keyboard is okay if you are talking on the phone like I was doing last night but being able to speak with your team is best.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#6Reflex-ArcPosted 1/16/2013 8:13:30 AM
I'd like to see a demo of this game. Everyone seems pretty excited for it and I'm not entirely sure I understand why, having only read the wiki page and browsing a few videos. The concept itself seems rather dull, so I can only imagine the gameplay must be great to have garnered so much attention and anticipation.

Looking forward to trying it out.
---
I like video games.
#7The_HyphenatorPosted 1/16/2013 8:15:44 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
When Capcom released Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the Wii U in Japan, the game allowed players to use the Wii U GamePad as a virtual keyboard, but didn’t support USB keyboards at launch. Then, Capcom announced that the game would be patched to include USB keyboard support.

This feature will be included in the U.S. release, too. Capcom’s Senior VP, Christian Svensson, shared on the company forums: “I’ve just been told by the [product manager] that there will be a day 1 update that will add functionality to support USB keyboards for chat.”

In the same forum post, Svensson also hints that Capcom will soon share “other news” on communication methods supported in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate as well.

Hopefully, that refers to voice chat, which is a feature that series producer, Ryozo Tsujimoto, has stated in the past Capcom were considering. Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii supported voice chat as well.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/15/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-on-wii-u-to-support-usb-keyboards-for-chat/

I hope they implement voice chat as well.

More importantly, I hope players actually USE voice chat. One of the reasons I lost interest in Monster Hunter Tri's online component was that nobody I met ever seemed to have a headset or Wii Speak.
#8JackalPosted 1/16/2013 8:28:44 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
I'd like to see a demo of this game. Everyone seems pretty excited for it and I'm not entirely sure I understand why, having only read the wiki page and browsing a few videos. The concept itself seems rather dull, so I can only imagine the gameplay must be great to have garnered so much attention and anticipation.

Looking forward to trying it out.

You've never been YKK'd. :-)
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#9tizzywilkillyouPosted 1/16/2013 8:29:51 AM
The_Hyphenator posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...

I hope they implement voice chat as well.

More importantly, I hope players actually USE voice chat. One of the reasons I lost interest in Monster Hunter Tri's online component was that nobody I met ever seemed to have a headset or Wii Speak.

Wait, Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii supported voice chat, but th Wii U version doesn't???

-_-
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#10GloryChaosPosted 1/16/2013 8:31:48 AM
I'd like to see voice chat ala USB ports that utilizes and wireless bluetooth headset.

Interesting to know that the wiiU can do USB keyboards. That's the only time where the lack of multitouch bothers me.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png