IMO - the wii U only needs one more developer on-board to be my dream machine

#1niels200683Posted 1/16/2013 4:40:30 AM
They already have multiple exclusive games by Platinum coming, as well as exclusive Ubisoft titles and some pretty good support of Namco and Sega.
All are developers I really like. Capcom is also a good developer to have developing for your system - especially as they are releasing the new monster hunter exclusively on nintendo's two machines.

There's only one developer/publisher who can make this platform even better. If these guys were on board, we can be sure the library will be fantastic.

That's Atlus. They did some great work on Trauma center, The persona series are amazing from what I hear (I cannot play them , because PS2 version were never released in EU and I don't have a psp or vita yet), the (shin) megami tensei games I did play were all amazing anyway.

I recently found a US version of Radiant Historia (another game not released in EU) in a pawn shop and it's excellent. Reminds me of FF6 and Chrono trigger - great art, great character development and nice story (so far).

Seeing Devil Survivor 2 / Overclocked being released on 3DS and DS - even in europe (after a long, long, long wait) - I really hope they will put more games on nintendo platforms, including Wii U.

I think both the persona series and trauma center could do some amazing things with the gamepad.
---
Nintendo Wii: Putting the 'p' in 'Epic'.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-
#2P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/16/2013 4:56:10 AM
Isn't Trine 2 Atlus?
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#3Not_King_BooPosted 1/16/2013 4:58:54 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Isn't Trine 2 Atlus?

They're one of the publishers, but they're not developing the game.
#4niels200683(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 6:15:32 AM
Trine 2 is awesome, though... filled with a lot of secret rooms (like the mario room and the snowman room) and it's quite a search to get all the exp.orbs.

But the developer is Frozenbyte.
Who keeps saying no whenever I bug them on miiverse asking for Trine 1 for wii U.
---
#5Poopcorn13Posted 1/16/2013 6:27:57 AM
That would be great. I'd say Atlus has the niche market by the chin in the USA and that could be good for Wii U.
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#6trenton97Posted 1/16/2013 7:12:02 AM
Monolith Soft?
---
After I finish life the first time, I'm doing a challenge run.
LttP>everything else.
#7phineasfoolPosted 1/16/2013 7:52:27 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Isn't Trine 2 Atlus?

I believe Frozen Byte self published the Wii U version.
---
PSN - phineasfool GT- phineasfool NNID - phineasfool
#8niels200683(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 11:36:09 PM
trenton97 posted...
Monolith Soft?

As of May 6, 2007, Nintendo owns controlling interest in the company after Namco Bandai sold 80% of its 96% stake in Monolith Soft to Nintendo. This went into effect May 1, 2007. Later Namco sold the remaining 16%, making Monolith Soft a first-party developer for Nintendo.

So... they already have monolith soft, a new game from them is as sure to happen as a new HAL (kirby) game
---
#9PoltergustPosted 1/16/2013 11:39:19 PM
I don't doubt that Atlus will eventually develop a game for the Wii U. The question is when.
---
I find sports video games to be the ultimate in irony and redundancy.-Kahai
#10NarutoPosted 1/16/2013 11:49:27 PM
Wii U needs more than one game per publisher.