Wii U sold only 20,000 units last week in Japan.

#314D_ShadoPosted 1/16/2013 7:52:12 AM
lunchEATSyou posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
again it took ps3 like 6months or more to have as any games on the market as the wii u had at its launch so once again wii u have more game at a short time then any other console had

90% of those are ports though

and that doesn't sound like any other recent system launch?... Yes, you know what I'm talking about :)

I'm guessing Vita? Nice job employing the ol' "Other systems have a problem so it's okay for this one to suck too" argument.
#32lunchEATSyouPosted 1/16/2013 7:52:48 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
and that doesn't sound like any other recent system launch?... Yes, you know what I'm talking about :)

3ds?

The system you mention in your sig, obviously.
---
"Are you kidding me? Japan hates anything American. The US bombed their ass and they are also xenophobic."
-ElGado, pride of the Wii U board
#33FFXIgaiaknightPosted 1/16/2013 7:55:38 AM
seriously you guys havent figured out japan yet? Japan is 100% focused on the 3DS if ya want other things to sell better IE the Wii U nintendo will have to kill the 3DS in japan first lol. As someone on GAF said the PS4 launch will be the true test for Japan if that fails to beat the 3DS then it will prove that japan only cares for the 3DS and nothing else.
---
Currently Playing: DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#34Sailor GoonPosted 1/16/2013 8:04:40 AM
lunchEATSyou posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
again it took ps3 like 6months or more to have as any games on the market as the wii u had at its launch so once again wii u have more game at a short time then any other console had

About 27% of vita launch games were ports. Over 60% of Wiiu games are ports. You were saying?
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#35lunchEATSyouPosted 1/16/2013 8:14:48 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
lunchEATSyou posted...
OtakuGamera posted...

About 27% of vita launch games were ports. Over 60% of Wiiu games are ports. You were saying?

I'm just trying to find the exact measurement of what makes ports good or bad. It seems to fluctuate between Boards, if you know what I mean.

Are you ever coming back to the Vita Board, Goon? Media Create topics aren't the same without you :)
---
"Are you kidding me? Japan hates anything American. The US bombed their ass and they are also xenophobic."
-ElGado, pride of the Wii U board
#36Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 1/16/2013 8:39:10 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
lunchEATSyou posted...
OtakuGamera posted...

I'm just trying to find the exact measurement of what makes ports good or bad. It seems to fluctuate between Boards, if you know what I mean.

Are you ever coming back to the Vita Board, Goon? Media Create topics aren't the same without you :)

I don't think anybody said ports are bad, I just think most people are not as easily impressed by a systems launch as you are, when the only games worth buying have been out for a year on PC/PS3/360.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#37PigfartsPosted 1/16/2013 8:41:05 AM
Panner posted...
The PS3 sold 22000 so wiiU's 20000 isn't so bad. Yes I'm sure everyone would like it to do better, but it's not doing bad at all.

while I don't care about Wii U sale, you should keep in mind that ps3 is about 7 years old, and wii U is 3 months old.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#38kissdadookiePosted 1/16/2013 8:48:16 AM
Panner posted...
The PS3 sold 22000 so wiiU's 20000 isn't so bad. Yes I'm sure everyone would like it to do better, but it's not doing bad at all.

That is an arse backwards justification. The PS3 is practically 7 years old now. The Wii U is brand new. The brand new system should be selling way more than the ancient about to be phased out system. Look at the 360, they couldn't keep that thing in stock for a long time (apart from Japan).
#39blankempathyPosted 1/16/2013 8:55:51 AM
Pigfarts posted...
Panner posted...

while I don't care about Wii U sale, you should keep in mind that ps3 is about 7 years old, and wii U is 3 months old.

Established library vs launch library. The wii u doesnt have the motion gimmick to sell it. Its going to come down to games. Just like hows its been with the 3ds. If anyone didn't see sales dropping off like this then they're blind. Sales will pick up when games come out that warrant a purchase. This is Nintendo though, you can expect them to put something out eventually that will sell well. I wish I had that confidence in my vita. Its a great system I hope Sony puts out something unique to the vita.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#40TJSpykePosted 1/16/2013 9:02:52 AM
FinsMcMan posted...
Seriously, I thought Nintendo learned from the 3DS launch? What did they expect? Oh we launch with Monster Hunter and Mario, that will sustain high sales while literally no games will come out for the next few months!

Get ready for the Wii U Ambassador Program, guys.

Um, ALL systems saw a drop this week in Japan. 3DS dropped from 272K to 92K, PS3 dropped from 64K to 22K, PSP dropped from 54K to 17K, PSV dropped from 33K to 11K, Wii dropped from 5.6K to 1.8K, 360 dropped from 1.8K to 900.

So it's not that Wii U is suffering, it's that this is a off-week in Japan and never gets strong sales.
---
Wii ID code: 4338 5973 3223 4003
AC: CF Tim Spyke 3480-6279-5331