Wii U sold only 20,000 units last week in Japan.

#41user_ptPosted 1/16/2013 8:03:59 AM(edited)
I'm going to go ahead and say it...

flop
#42blunderminePosted 1/16/2013 8:22:34 AM(edited)
nedley09 posted...
Ansem_the_evil posted...
again it took ps3 like 6months or more to have as any games on the market as the wii u had at its launch so once again wii u have more game at a short time then any other console had

Theres the problem, look at those launch games and lets see which are ports from other consoles.

Assassinís Creed III PORT
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition PORT
Call of Duty: Black Ops II PORT
Chasing Aurora
Darksiders II PORT
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two PORT
EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13 PORT
ESPN Sports Connection
Just Dance 4 PORT
Little Inferno PC PORT
Madden NFL 13 PORT
Mass Effect 3 PORT
Nano Assault Neo PORT
NBA 2K13 PORT
New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge PORT
Nintendo Land
Rabbids Land
Scribblenauts Unlimited PORT
Sing Party
Skylanders Giants PORT
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed PORT
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition PORT
Transformers Prime PORT
Trine 2: Director's Cut PORT
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 PORT
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper PORT
Wipeout: The Game 3 PORT
ZombiU

8 Games.

The ps3 launched with 12.

I don't think you know the difference between port, multiplatform, and remake
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#43deathsaber79Posted 1/16/2013 8:22:09 AM
Don't worry about Japan, once Monster Hunter releases it will never look back as the #1 selling console in Japan.
#44Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 1/16/2013 8:30:29 AM
Don't worry about Japan, once Monster Hunter releases it will never look back as the #1 selling console in Japan.

The problem is a lot of people already own one (or 2) versions of Monster Hunter 3. The game will sell consoles but not nearly as many as you think, or at least not for as long. Now if it got a new MH that is a whole nother story.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#45squatch22Posted 1/16/2013 8:42:02 AM
Every format had big drops in sales last week in Japan...
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#46trenkenPosted 1/16/2013 8:42:54 AM
So it isnt doing that well... that doesnt mean much to any of us. If I had stock in Nintendo I would be concerned, but I dont. Im just a gamer, and I already have a Wii U that works. How much it tanks in Japan really doesnt effect me.

Nintendo is going to make games for it regardless. They arent just going to abandon it after a year. Everyone said they would do that with the 3DS, but its doing pretty well now, just needed some games and a price drop.

Wii U has a horrid selection games and next to nothing of significance coming out over the next 6 months, so this is a typical new console slump. They will get games out eventually, drop the price at some point and itll be fine.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#47SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/16/2013 8:44:46 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

The problem is a lot of people already own one (or 2) versions of Monster Hunter 3. The game will sell consoles but not nearly as many as you think, or at least not for as long. Now if it got a new MH that is a whole nother story.

I'm not sure he was being serious since MH launched with the system, and the Wii U isn't #1 but they don't count bundles are there were MH bundles so who knows how well it did.
#48NorthernDruidPosted 1/16/2013 8:48:34 AM
IcedEarthaholic posted...
Hmmmm....20 games for free once again eh? Sure, why not!

out of which ten are gamecube games that they're not gonna be releasing for VC anytime soon....

damn, i better hurry up and get a Wii U if that's the case.
---
The best plans are the ones that don't work unless you wing it along the way. -Skandrae
Support Project Crystallis! http://projectcrystallis.org/
#49CapnStankyPosted 1/16/2013 8:58:51 AM
Good to see nintendo bombing everywhere in the world. BOOM. Maybe this will teach them that specs, features and functionality are more important than stupid gimmicks.
---
2013: Next Gen finally arrives. Don't let us down like Nintendo did.
#50guttertalkPosted 1/16/2013 9:07:48 AM
blundermine posted...

...list of games...

I don't think you know the difference between port, multiplatform, and remake

And there is a difference.The problem is when the game is available on the Wii U long after it's available on other platforms for cheaper and after excitement for the game has passed. Among others, BLOPS II, NBA 2K13, and Skylanders don't suffer that problem.

Some of the remakes, like NG3:RE, just aren't enough to draw significant attention. But it's an option for gamers.

That's far from a bad list of games. But gamers are often caught up in "what's coming next." Yes, there are some missing multiplatform games, but I don't see how anyone didn't expect that anytime the next gen starts.