The Wii U is NOT next gen.

#11IlikeBacon16Posted 1/16/2013 7:39:50 AM
StarBladeEdge posted...
Rasputin77 posted...
Nope, it's not next gen. It's current gen. Duh!

Now... we wait for the flood of Captain Obvious responses... brace yourself...

it's next gen dude. get your facts straight dammit !

Not sure if you are serious. But Wii U is in fact current gen. Because the Wii U is part of the current 8th generation of systems. Last gen was the 7th which includes PS3/360.

:-p
#12niels200683Posted 1/16/2013 7:43:48 AM
Also, it is much more powerful than is shown in the current games.

http://nintendoeverything.com/110303/rayman-creator-still-high-on-wii-u-power-no-limitations/
---
Nintendo Wii: Putting the 'p' in 'Epic'.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-
#13aaasdjfkldsfk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 7:44:29 AM
I'm PRETTY sure if a new computer line came out tomorrow from Dell that had specs of PCs from 1995 it would NOT be considered next gen.

Same deal here. No serious gamer can consider the Wii U to be next gen. It doesn't even have any games quality wise on par with the PS3/360/Wii let alone NEXT Gen standards. 2D Mario rehash? NIntendo minigame complilation? Come on.

I miss when Nintendo releasing a new console brought the hype and DEFINED eras. When it actually meant something.
---
ssmp
#14mra2012Posted 1/16/2013 7:45:51 AM
As long as it has good games it does not matter.
#15Baha05Posted 1/16/2013 7:46:43 AM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
I'm PRETTY sure if a new computer line came out tomorrow from Dell that had specs of PCs from 1995 it would NOT be considered next gen.

Same deal here. No serious gamer can consider the Wii U to be next gen. It doesn't even have any games quality wise on par with the PS3/360/Wii let alone NEXT Gen standards. 2D Mario rehash? NIntendo minigame complilation? Come on.

I miss when Nintendo releasing a new console brought the hype and DEFINED eras. When it actually meant something.

Except no compiuter line would do that.

The fact is for a Nintendo console it's their next generation system that follows the console generations. Also no consoles ever tops the previous generation in terms of games in their first 2 months. Get real here.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#16PUNCHOUT1116Posted 1/16/2013 7:48:28 AM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...

Man you werent even born then XD
---
-
Good stuff
#17AndoMikePosted 1/16/2013 7:48:59 AM
I really don't understand all this random hatred toward the Wii U and the constant posts about it "not being next gen." It is "next-gen" based on the fact that it was released during the next generation of consoles. And to everyone that is expecting the new XBOX and PS to be ridiculously better; give me a break! If you want to truly see "next-gen" graphics, get a PC and then you'll understand. I got the Wii U because I am psyched for the Nintendo titles that will obviously be released down the road; graphics were not even a consideration. I also have a PS3 and a gaming PC for the same reason. If you have some strange twisted hatred for the Wii U just because it is the Wii U; then you are way off base. If you dont want Nintendo games then dont get a Wii U.
#18LugiaMaster45Posted 1/16/2013 8:03:54 AM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
It is a slighlty upgraded Wii hardware wise and massively downgraded Wii software wise.

If you still think the Wii U is next gen, just wait until the PS4 and 720 come out, then there won't be any confusion.......

This is what happens when you appeal to casuals instead of gamers. Nintendo is basically the new Apple without any of the commercial success. No wonder it's flopping in Japan.

OH GOD NOT THIS AGAIN....
thats what every troll says about every console that comes out every console gen since the ps2. plz TC do all of us a favor and go jump off a high bridge.
---
NintendoID: KINGZXGAMBIT87
XBXLIVE GAMTAG: XAVEUSCAESAR WiiU60ers UNITE
#19shadowsofdawnPosted 1/16/2013 8:07:57 AM
Imo, to be considered next gen, a console should in many ways be able to compete with the average gaming PC available at the time if its release. WiiU cannot compete with any gaming PCs currently available, not even the low end ones.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#20jackorhoadsPosted 1/16/2013 8:49:23 AM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
It is a slighlty upgraded Wii hardware wise and massively downgraded Wii software wise. ...

This is what happens when you appeal to casuals instead of gamers. Nintendo is basically the new Apple without any of the commercial success. No wonder it's flopping in Japan.

I thought Wii sucked because it has no games.......you also say downgraded from wii software yet nintendo failed because they appealed to a casual market. Man this board has went downhill the past few years.........
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd