The Wii U is NOT next gen.

#21ADHDguitarPosted 1/16/2013 8:50:28 AM
Slightly upgraded Wii? Even the biggest trolls aren't this stupid.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#22anon_firePosted 1/16/2013 9:07:26 AM
Do you really expect the Nextbox and Orbis to be that powerful? I sure don't. Look at Sony's current financial status.
#23Elem187Posted 1/16/2013 9:09:56 AM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
It is a slighlty upgraded Wii hardware wise and massively downgraded Wii software wise.

If you still think the Wii U is next gen, just wait until the PS4 and 720 come out, then there won't be any confusion.......

This is what happens when you appeal to casuals instead of gamers. Nintendo is basically the new Apple without any of the commercial success. No wonder it's flopping in Japan.

Casual gamers make up 90% of the console market in the US... Sony can never get casual gamers, thats why they haven't seen a profit on their video game department since... since... ps2?

PS3 is still in the red to this day. Microsoft turned a little bit of a profit by targeting casual gamers with the Kinect and was a success... I'm really sorry Sony FLOPPED on their forray into copying motion sensing;.... Sony "Move" sold what? 12 units? Sounds like the Vita.
#24Elem187Posted 1/16/2013 9:13:03 AM
anon_fire posted...
Do you really expect the Nextbox and Orbis to be that powerful? I sure don't. Look at Sony's current financial status.

I have no doubt Sony will release a console with an equivalent of a Radeon 8000 series... the problem is, its only marginally faster than the chip in the Wii U (Radeon 6000 series)

Good luck to the Sony fanbois that will pay double the costs of a Wii U for a GPU that is only 20% faster... This will be fun to watch.
#25FIareXB00tlesPosted 1/16/2013 9:14:16 AM
Wii U is 8th Gen. PS360 is 7th Gen.

No more topics need to be made. I'm not even stating which is 'Current' and 'Next'. Just the numbers. That's all you should care about. And to be honest, you shouldn't care anyways.
#26blunderminePosted 1/16/2013 9:15:00 AM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
I'm PRETTY sure if a new computer line came out tomorrow from Dell that had specs of PCs from 1995 it would NOT be considered next gen.

Same deal here. No serious gamer can consider the Wii U to be next gen. It doesn't even have any games quality wise on par with the PS3/360/Wii let alone NEXT Gen standards. 2D Mario rehash? NIntendo minigame complilation? Come on.

I miss when Nintendo releasing a new console brought the hype and DEFINED eras. When it actually meant something.

So it's not next gen because you don't like the games?

Poor attempt.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#27anon_firePosted 1/16/2013 9:19:09 AM
Elem187 posted...
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
It is a slighlty upgraded Wii hardware wise and massively downgraded Wii software wise.

If you still think the Wii U is next gen, just wait until the PS4 and 720 come out, then there won't be any confusion.......

This is what happens when you appeal to casuals instead of gamers. Nintendo is basically the new Apple without any of the commercial success. No wonder it's flopping in Japan.

Casual gamers make up 90% of the console market in the US... Sony can never get casual gamers, thats why they haven't seen a profit on their video game department since... since... ps2?

PS3 is still in the red to this day. Microsoft turned a little bit of a profit by targeting casual gamers with the Kinect and was a success... I'm really sorry Sony FLOPPED on their forray into copying motion sensing;.... Sony "Move" sold what? 12 units? Sounds like the Vita.

Sony Move sold 15 million units.
#28anon_firePosted 1/16/2013 9:21:23 AM
Elem187 posted...
anon_fire posted...

I have no doubt Sony will release a console with an equivalent of a Radeon 8000 series... the problem is, its only marginally faster than the chip in the Wii U (Radeon 6000 series)

Good luck to the Sony fanbois that will pay double the costs of a Wii U for a GPU that is only 20% faster... This will be fun to watch.

and then the Orbis, just like the PS3 before it will slow to a crawl.
#29trenkenPosted 1/16/2013 9:31:24 AM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...

Well its actually quite a bit upgraded from the Wii, but that isnt really saying much since that thing was piss poor weak. Its hovering somewhere around a PS3 and 360, certainly not a lot more powerful than them. We already know that since people have pulled the U apart and we know whats inside of it.

But the fact is gens arent defined by power. This is in fact Nintendos next gen machine. For NIntendo a gen is more about the different things you can do with your system. This is the first home console from the big 3 with a controller that has a screen in it that can interact with whats going on on your TV.

Yes in the past gens are always marked by machines that are far more powerful than the ones that came before, and that isnt the case with the U, but Nintendo seems more concerned about changing how people play games rather than trying to sell a $500 powerhouse.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#30JonbazookabozPosted 1/16/2013 9:35:38 AM
Just coz 'I' say a banana is an orange does not make it an orange!
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"