The Wii U is NOT next gen.

#31trenkenPosted 1/16/2013 8:36:35 AM
anon_fire posted...
Do you really expect the Nextbox and Orbis to be that powerful? I sure don't. Look at Sony's current financial status.

100% definitely yes. If you think they are going to just release a PS3 and call it a PS4, you're out of your mind. No developer has ever done this. Every single gen the systems get far more powerful and that will never change. They can release a PS4 significantly more powerful than the PS3 and Wii U for not even really all that much money.

It doesnt cost a fortune to build a PC that can take a dump all over the Wii U and PS3. Only reason the U is $300+ is it has a controller with a screen in it. Remove that, and they could have seriously beefed up the power in this and still sell it for around $350, which you can bet is what MS and Sony will do.

Its absolutely astounding to me that anyone thinks that after 6-7 years, they would release a console that isnt much more powerful than the previous one. Just completely ridiculous. Im certain Sony and MS's new machines will be much closer to top end gaming PCs, which are far more powerful than anything the U will ever be able to do. Thats a known fact.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#32NiftyManZPosted 1/16/2013 8:41:58 AM
Closer to quality gaming pcs? Yes. Top end gaming pcs? No. Top end gaming pcs use the latest and greatest technology. That costs money. Quality gaming pcs take advantage of 2nd or 3rd tier equipment (stuff that can still max current games) that has had recent price drops.

Either way, I personally don't care how powerful the systems are. As long as they have good games I am happy.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#33Period_EggsPosted 1/16/2013 8:44:12 AM
assdjck topic
---
PSN: MinorV_aginor Wii U: MinorVaginor
Official real gamer of the im a real gamer youre a real lamer
#34ThaPrinceRazielPosted 1/16/2013 8:45:24 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
Slightly upgraded Wii? Even the biggest trolls aren't this stupid.

Exactly. The Wii was just THAT bad. It would be difficult to recreate something as weak, in 2013. Any step up is considered huge vs the Wii
---
Reaver of Souls.. I have become something... Darker Than Black
#35trenkenPosted 1/16/2013 8:45:48 AM
NiftyManZ posted...
Closer to quality gaming pcs? Yes. Top end gaming pcs? No. Top end gaming pcs use the latest and greatest technology. That costs money. Quality gaming pcs take advantage of 2nd or 3rd tier equipment (stuff that can still max current games) that has had recent price drops.

Either way, I personally don't care how powerful the systems are. As long as they have good games I am happy.

What I meant by closer is the PS4 and Nextbox will be closer to current gaming PCs than they will to their previous versions. There is just no way that after this many years has passed and gaming hardware has come so far and become relatively affordable that they would just build machines that arent much more powerful than their previous versions. That makes no sense at all.

They are very well aware that the kinds of people buying Sony and MS consoles are graphic maniacs and are the kind of people that look for a big jump in quality, and expect it every single gen. It would be a death sentence if they just release something that doesnt even seem much better than a machine they bought 7 years ago. Thats not gonna work.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#36djrudenPosted 1/16/2013 8:48:29 AM
Right cuz the Wii U is out already so it is current gen. The Wii, PS3 and 360 are all last gen. Simple enough.
#37CapnStankyPosted 1/16/2013 9:01:29 AM
It's barely current gen. LOL Nintendo. Better luck next time.
---
2013: Next Gen finally arrives. Don't let us down like Nintendo did.
#3840DribylfPosted 1/16/2013 9:18:19 AM
It's barely current gen. LOL Nintendo. Better luck next time.

How is it barely in a generation when it is? It doesn't matter powerful the next Sony/MS systems are.

That's like saying a person my age who is 4'11 isn't in the same generation as I am (6'6") It's a dumb argument.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#39justin_mcPosted 1/16/2013 9:43:54 AM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
It is a slighlty upgraded Wii hardware wise and massively downgraded Wii software wise.

If you still think the Wii U is next gen, just wait until the PS4 and 720 come out, then there won't be any confusion.......

This is what happens when you appeal to casuals instead of gamers. Nintendo is basically the new Apple without any of the commercial success. No wonder it's flopping in Japan.

Generations are not determined by power. Never have been, and never will be.
#40gray_fox_00Posted 1/16/2013 9:48:38 AM
I think everyone is confusing the words "next gen" with ''next gen tech''

By chronological release, the Wii U is in fact "next gen". Tech wise, I'm really not going to get into that debate. My point is wording has everything to do with this pointless argument, choose yours wisely.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice