The Wii U is NOT next gen.

#41renzsweetPosted 1/16/2013 9:52:59 AM
KroganBallEater posted...
Wii U is next gen because it was released in 8th gen.

It is next gen.

Seriously, it is not very hard to understand.
---
I praise the name of Jesus.
#42HungoverHero777Posted 1/16/2013 10:04:16 AM
Period_Eggs posted...
assdjck topic

I see what you did there...
---
My ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board.
#43justdontaskPosted 1/16/2013 10:30:59 AM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
Same deal here. No serious gamer can consider the Wii U to be next gen. It doesn't even have any games quality wise on par with the PS3/360/Wii let alone NEXT Gen standards. 2D Mario rehash? NIntendo minigame complilation? Come on.

well by your logic, youre the same generation as your parents... failures can come after great things, and theyll still be the generation after...

besides, im pretty sure everyone knows that MS, Sony, and Nintendo are like high school girls... two of em fight over who looks better, while one just wants to have fun... and anybody who buys Nintendo stuff for looks is doin it wrong...
---
the only part of gamefaqs i like are the walkthroughs for games i like.
trolls avoid large blocks of text they can't criticize for all to see.
#44SyserinPosted 1/16/2013 10:31:00 AM
Technically it is next generation, but only has the power of the current. Even if you don't consider it next gen, from what a friend told me yesterday its forcing Microsoft and Sony to step on the gas on announcing the PS4 and Xbox 720 ahead of time - which i heard is now next month rather than E3. If true evidently Sony and Microsoft consider it to be.
#45FoppePosted 1/16/2013 12:15:51 PM
Even if Microsoft released a console that used the same hardware as the Nes and Sony released a console that used the same hardware as the Snes, they would both be 8th generation consoles.
If power was a requirement for new generations, then both the NeoGeo and Xbox would have started new generations.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#46anon_firePosted 1/16/2013 1:30:44 PM(edited)
Okay TC, since when has power determined a console generation? Answer me.
#47TheBonfiniPosted 1/16/2013 1:28:59 PM
Baha05 posted...
Except the Wii U is Next Gen.

/Topic

This.

Sorry, TC. Despite what superficial standards you have imagined up for yourself that Nintendo allegedly doesn't meet, the Wii-U is a next gen as any successor system is literally.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#48TheBonfiniPosted 1/16/2013 1:36:41 PM
djruden posted...
Right cuz the Wii U is out already so it is current gen. The Wii, PS3 and 360 are all last gen. Simple enough.

I don't agree with this. I am not saying I am right and you are wrong. I have no idea, but here is my interpretation:

Wii-U is next gen because it is the next generation of hardware released for Nintendo and remains alone as the next generation of hardware currently on the market.

PS3 & 360 are still current gen, because they do not have their next gen consoles released yet.

When PS3 and 360 have their next generation of consoles out the current gen as we know it is officially last generation and Wii-U, PS4 and 720 take over to become the current generation of consoles.

I don't think calling Wii-U current gen simply because it is on the market now does it any service, because it doesn't make sense to refer to it as last gen just because Sony and MS release their consoles.

As long as they all roughly release a cycle around the same time frame, I consider the generations to be grouped together, and Wii-U is still part of what is currently Next Gen consoles.

If anyone has anything I am missing with my logic I would appreciate your input.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#49teamaquashockPosted 1/16/2013 1:39:41 PM
So.... what is Next Gen to you?
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#50EastCoastKodyPosted 1/16/2013 1:41:58 PM
if u guys stopped making his topics go 10 pages.....maybe this troll would leave like alot of the others have
---
"Just cause someone trolls something doesn't mean they dislike it. I've wanted a Wii U since it was announced." -- lazycomplife