Budget $350 Xbox 720 won't topple WiiU in hardware.

#1knightimexPosted 1/16/2013 9:42:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjHKC9TNvEM

At that price even with heavy emphasis of being sold at loss will still only produce mediocre results at best.

MS's 720 will likely cost $350 like Wii U they'll focus on something "unique" like kinect 2.0 which in fact will limit them on power hardware wise.

I bet in a near future wii u will not struggle as much as people hope it will.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#2b1gt0nePosted 1/16/2013 9:44:18 AM
skimmity bop um dadup!!
#3shaunmePosted 1/16/2013 9:45:43 AM
knightimex posted...

At that price even with heavy emphasis of being sold at loss will still only produce mediocre results at best.

MS's 720 will likely cost $350 like Wii U they'll focus on something "unique" like kinect 2.0 which in fact will limit them on power hardware wise.

buy 1 or leave.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#4knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 9:46:15 AM
shaunme posted...
knightimex posted...

buy 1 or leave.

Buying all.
Mad?
---
Old School Games FTW!
#5trenkenPosted 1/16/2013 9:49:44 AM
Probably the worst WiiUsurrance flopic Ive seen in a good week. Talking about something not even announced. Utter fail and desperation.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#6knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 9:53:26 AM
trenken posted...
Probably the worst WiiUsurrance flopic Ive seen in a good week. Talking about something not even announced. Utter fail and desperation.

lol
---
Old School Games FTW!
#740DribylfPosted 1/16/2013 9:54:20 AM
Let's have a discussion here, I have a few question

How did the Xbox 360's and PS3's GPUs compare to high-end 2005/2006 PC GPU's? Their CPUs? Were they better? Worse?

If they use off-the-self parts, even so, they'll be selling at a loss, so it's good to assume they'll be using decent tech here. Not premium high end, but decent. And of course, consoles are self-contained, so they'll squeeze a lot more out those parts than any PC would.

Now, will they be better than the Wii U? I think so, but I'm not knowledgeable about this stuff. How stuff the Wii U's GPU compare the previous gens and GPU's now?
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#8trenkenPosted 1/16/2013 9:57:36 AM
40Dribylf posted...
Let's have a discussion here, I have a few question

How did the Xbox 360's and PS3's GPUs compare to high-end 2005/2006 PC GPU's? Their CPUs? Were they better? Worse?

If they use off-the-self parts, even so, they'll be selling at a loss, so it's good to assume they'll be using decent tech here. Not premium high end, but decent. And of course, consoles are self-contained, so they'll squeeze a lot more out those parts than any PC would.

Now, will they be better than the Wii U? I think so, but I'm not knowledgeable about this stuff. How stuff the Wii U's GPU compare the previous gens and GPU's now?

They were actually pretty close, because right around that time I spent a good amount of money building a gaming machine, the last one I built, right after I got the 360. Games looked pretty similar on them. The 360 started getting real next gen games like GRAW1, and that was about on par with what my PC was doing.

Typically consoles are close to what gaming PCs can do at the time, and that lasts for a year or so, and then PCs start to progress beyond what consoles can do.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#9NyyarkPosted 1/16/2013 9:59:28 AM
subsidization via subscription.
#10blunderminePosted 1/16/2013 10:13:03 AM(edited)
trenken posted...

Is WiiUssurarance really the term you can come up with? That's weak dude.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?