Mario sales on a SERIOUS decline. Wonder why?

#71DarthFloatyPosted 1/16/2013 11:00:40 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Let's wait for another month of sales, see how NSMBU holds up. I think you'll be surprised how it holds up.

1) Of course we should wait. This topic shouldn't have mentioned NSMBU because it's to soon to say much.

2) I'd prefer 3 months, but whatevs. Another month will give some insight.

3) I won't be. It could sell 126 units world wide and I'd be like "damn, k". Or it could sell 800,000 and I'd be like "damn, k". I suppose it'll sell between like 25,000 and 500,000 world wide, and I won't be surprised either way.
#72StarBladeEdgePosted 1/16/2013 11:58:24 PM(edited)
Rasputin77 posted...
Innerscope posted...
notice how the site is VGChartz

If it's not the site, it's the author... if it's not the author, it's the poster... if it's not the poster, it's something to do with their user level... if it's not their user level, it's something they posted somewhere else that someone (in a very creepy, eerie coincidence) can retreive on command... if it's not another post, it's a hidden agenda... if it's not a hidden agenda, it's a troll.

NO! Wait.... It's a troll first, and THEN all of that other stuff. Sorry, I forgot Osh Kosh B'Gosh protocol.

just do me a favor and **** off this board with your stupid complaining over people complaining.i dunno , 3rd time i see this from you by accident. if you can't live with that go away or shut up already.

of course people complain , this is one of the big *** trolls here. what do you expect ? that people who are on a nintendo board swallow what useless lowlife trolls write here ?
---
Nintendo The Best Game Company Let's destroy the wiiu board trolls!
WiiU True Next Gen for the next 8-10 years !
#733D_ShadoPosted 1/17/2013 8:27:55 AM
DarthFloaty posted...
3D_Shado posted...
Looks like one company sold at least 600 million systems and 2 million copies of the game, while one sold 20 million + 1.56 million games. You're saying 4D_Shado wasn't logical, but your reasoning just makes no sense: what do you mean "it's more meaningful" to have a higher ratio? Explain why a higher ratio means one company is more successful.

Well first off you should apologize to him for trying to take credit for his post before. Frankly, that seems kinda rude.

I was talking about the games, the system numbers where just to prove a point: maybe the games are third party or what ever.

The reason a higher ratio means more is because it's more difficult to achieve. How many games have ever held a 50%+ ratio throughout a systems life time? And how many have ever had it? The reason it's certainly more meaningful and important is that, at that time, the game did as good as it possibly could have.

Unless you agree that if NSMBU sold at a 100% attachment rate it was still falling (as that's an utter fraction of the others sales), you have no logical case or argument.

If NSMBU sold at a rate >80% and it WASN'T the only worthwhile Wii U exclusive out now, then I'd be impressed. As it is, such a ratio isn't impressive and certainly doesn't make the game more successful than previous ones. It is clear to me that you are defining success in some form other than monetary profit, which is just silly.
#74DTY3Posted 1/17/2013 8:32:42 AM
The difference is NSMB Wii wasnt a launch title and EVERYONE had a Wii.

The Wii U launched with one so the market isnt as big yet.

/topic
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#75DTY3Posted 1/17/2013 8:34:22 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Tsutarja495 posted...
This is so ridiculous. The only way the sales of NSMBU could match the sales of the first two games is if everyone who owns a Wii I bought like 5 or 6 copies.

And what about the 3DS version...?

It sucks. But it wil continue to sell, just like how there were Mario Kart DS commercials like 4 years after the game came out.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#76aredd007Posted 1/17/2013 8:34:50 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
Innerscope posted...
notice how the site is VGChartz

If it's not the site, it's the author... if it's not the author, it's the poster... if it's not the poster, it's something to do with their user level... if it's not their user level, it's something they posted somewhere else that someone (in a very creepy, eerie coincidence) can retreive on command... if it's not another post, it's a hidden agenda... if it's not a hidden agenda, it's a troll.

NO! Wait.... It's a troll first, and THEN all of that other stuff. Sorry, I forgot Osh Kosh B'Gosh protocol.

This guy just basically owned all Nintendo fanboys on this message board.
#77Mystic201Posted 1/20/2013 9:39:55 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]