Top arguments on why the Wii U is a major disappointment to console gamers

#1HELZEROPosted 1/16/2013 4:00:47 PM(edited)
Let's logically go through the arguments on why some people believe the Wii U is an impressive next generation console, while others believe it does not live up to that promise. This is an updated, more civil version of a previous post I made. The point is not to troll or be a fanboy, but to come to some kind of general consensus among people.

1. Graphics (part 1)

Argument: Wii U has current gen graphics, all other systems are last gen.

Counter argument: And yet it almost certainly will not be capable of playing the AAA 720/PS4 titles due to hardware limitations.

Graphics (part 2)

Argument: Listen, the launch games do not show the Wii U's true performance. You won't see that until near the end of it's console lifecycle.

Counter Argument: Most console launches have at least one or two games that show off 60-75% of what the console is capable of doing. That alone is enough to blow away even the top games on last generation consoles.

2. Third Party Support

Argument: Wii U does have third party support. Look at COD and Assassins Creed for example.

Counter Argument: It has third party support for last gen games that are already available on last gen consoles, and only a select few worth even noting for future IPs.

3. Finances

Argument: If you can't afford $300 dollars for gaming then I'm sorry but you shouldn't be here.

Counter Argument: You would have to pay me $60 an hour to play games that I don't want to play. I already have a large backlog of games on other consoles that I find more appealing to play than what is currently available on the Wii U.

4. First Party Games

Argument: Nintendo has first party games that no other console will ever have.

Counter Argument: Good now you are going somewhere. But where are they? Were they even announced? Why don't you get the system months/years later when they are actually out and have been proven to be worth buying the system for instead of owning a dust collector? By then you can get a really good deal on a new or used Wii U as well. Remember that you'll also be able to play more pre-downloaded games on a used Wii U by then. Another thing to take into consideration is that by the time the next mario game is out that you want to play, there may be games on the 720/PS4 that may be a higher priority for you to want to play.

5. Niche

Argument: I fall under the following: I want a kid friendly system for my children, I only own one TV that I need to share with several people, I don't own or plan on getting a 360/PS3, I don't plan on getting a 720/PS4, I'm not really into playing games much, I'm a game collector, and/or my girlfriend thinks it's cute!

Counter Argument: Consider buying yourself a Wii U.

6. Taste

Argument: There are some games that are out now and in the next 6 months that I really feel are worth buying the Wii U for.

Counter Argument: Um really? You're joking right? Well I guess consider buying yourself a Wii U.

7. Multi-Console Owners

Argument: Wait what's wrong with owning a 360/Wii U or PS3/Wii U or even a 720/Wii U or PS4/Wii U?

Counter Argument: Nothing, the Will U can be a complimentary console but not much of a substitute for what is already out or coming out. Please read 4 and 6 before making this decision.

---
Give me a real next gen system and an online zelda that revolutionizes gaming and I'll pay $1000 easy.
#2mjc0961Posted 1/16/2013 3:16:13 PM
Cool story bro. Gonna go have more fun playing my Wii U now.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#3_kybalion_Posted 1/16/2013 3:18:20 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Cool story bro. Gonna go have more fun playing my Wii U now.

---
ROFL!
#4SagadegoPosted 1/16/2013 3:21:38 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Cool story bro. .

---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
#5wingo84Posted 1/16/2013 3:22:20 PM(edited)
Top reason why trolls annoy me

1. They believe their opinions to be fact

2. They're trolls

3. They never take into account the fact the Wii U will get awesome games that the other consoles won't

4. They're trolls

5. They demand to be acknowledged by posting pointless articles no one in this board is actually interested in reading but they are blinded by fanboyism and ignorance.
---
NNID - Wingo84
#6InnerscopePosted 1/16/2013 3:24:48 PM
TC's a troll. I disagree with him. Therefore, he's a troll
---
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Your new alphabet
#7TheBonfiniPosted 1/16/2013 3:26:50 PM
What is the general consensus about the system?

Obviously on the internet it is doom and gloom, much like it was for the PS3, the 3DS and still the Vita.

But what about the city you live in? Do you talk to friends and family about gaming? What is the real world perception about it where you live?

I go into the EB Games once or twice a month to peruse the used games for PS3 or DSi games.. I am an outgoing social person and discuss my hobby. Surely others have similar real world experiences with peoples perception of the system rather than the Internet where people are generally anonymous.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#8wingo84Posted 1/16/2013 3:26:53 PM
Innerscope posted...

I was stating a fact of why trolls annoy me. Didn't direct it toward anyone. Thought we were just making lists?
---
NNID - Wingo84
#9InnerscopePosted 1/16/2013 3:28:39 PM
wingo84 posted...
Innerscope posted...

I was stating a fact of why trolls annoy me. Didn't direct it toward anyone. Thought we were just making lists?

Well, now I look like an ass
---
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Your new alphabet
#10DiscostewSMPosted 1/16/2013 3:29:44 PM
Top argument on why the Wii U is approved by console gamers...

1) Because HELZERO disapproves.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project