Top arguments on why the Wii U is a major disappointment to console gamers

#31Baha05Posted 1/16/2013 4:27:57 PM
HELZERO posted...
Counter argument: And yet it almost certainly will not be capable of playing the AAA 720/PS4 titles due to hardware limitations.

Counter Argument: Most console launches have at least one or two games that show off 60-75% of what the console is capable of doing. That alone is enough to blow away even the top games on last generation consoles.

Counter Argument: It has third party support for last gen games that are already available on last gen consoles, and only a select few worth even noting for future IPs.

Counter Argument: You would have to pay me $60 an hour to play games that I don't want to play. I already have a large backlog of games on other consoles that I find more appealing to play than what is currently available on the Wii U.

Counter Argument: Good now you are going somewhere. But where are they? Were they even announced? Why don't you get the system months/years later when they are actually out and have been proven to be worth buying the system for instead of owning a dust collector? By then you can get a really good deal on a new or used Wii U as well. Remember that you'll also be able to play more pre-downloaded games on a used Wii U by then. Another thing to take into consideration is that by the time the next mario game is out that you want to play, there may be games on the 720/PS4 that may be a higher priority for you to want to play.

Counter Argument: Consider buying yourself a Wii U.

Counter Argument: Um really? You're joking right? Well I guess consider buying yourself a Wii U.

Counter Argument: Nothing, the Will U can be a complimentary console but not much of a substitute for what is already out or coming out. Please read 4 and 6 before making this decision.

1. We have no idea how much of a leap the Next Xbox/PS is going to be so speculation

2. The Number is roughly 50% for how a system runs and graphic wise lauch consoles NEVER show what the full potential of a system can do graphically.

3. The fact is it HAS 3rd party support so far.

4. Opinion

5. Personal choice and hope, just because something like Zelda or Mario isn't announced doesn't mean they will never get announced. That's a thing about new consoles and first party games. You don't know many details about them but you have a feeling that they will make an appearance and with Nintendo that hasn't changed with. Dust collecting can happen to any system for any reason.

6. Opinion

7. Opinion

8. Personal Taste
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#32HELZERO(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 4:34:51 PM
Bahafresh, those are pretty weak counter arguments and some of them drift away from the real question at hand. I never stated there wasnt going to be another zelda or mario. Good job trying to confuse people though.
---
Give me a real next gen system and an online zelda that revolutionizes gaming and I'll pay $1000 easy.
#33Baha05Posted 1/16/2013 4:38:01 PM
HELZERO posted...
Bahafresh, those are pretty weak counter arguments and some of them drift away from the real question at hand. I never stated there wasnt going to be another zelda or mario. Good job trying to confuse people though.

And yet you don't bother to try to counter them, and with the first party games it'll always BE a waiting game in that you know a game is coming but you don't know when.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#34DiscostewSMPosted 1/16/2013 4:43:07 PM
HELZERO posted...
Bahafresh, those are pretty weak counter arguments and some of them drift away from the real question at hand.

Don't seem any less weak than your own arguments, which most are basically copy/paste of posts you made earlier that have already been overthrown in their respective topics.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#35cavebear56Posted 1/16/2013 4:44:11 PM
HELZERO posted...

Ouch.

Just leave gracefully man you really got checkmated there.

I mean your arguments need a lot of work (i.e. lacking evidence, context and reason) but really, just go lick your wounds and come back when you're ready to topple these stuipd fanboys.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#36Baha05Posted 1/16/2013 4:46:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmAgTxSCqxw

Also dem launch graphics
---
#37OlimarxPosted 1/16/2013 4:47:38 PM
I think the tc is a troll not because we don't agree, but because of his wording. Opinions as fact, blatantly slanted list presented as unbiased, asking the wrong questions.
---
My mission is to kill time, and time's to kill me in its turn. How comfortable one is among murderers. - Emile M. Cioran
#38Golden MavenPosted 1/16/2013 4:57:50 PM
Baha05 posted...
We have no idea how much of a leap the Next Xbox/PS is going to be so speculation

If they release a console that isn't a significant upgrade, they're dead in the water. It's a safe bet that the PS4 and XBox will be a full generational leap ahead. Some rumors claim they're using tech that isn't even on the market yet.

Baha05 posted...
graphic wise lauch consoles NEVER show what the full potential of a system can do graphically.

The Wii-U is using low powered components. That should tell you something, i.e. it's using hardware that's in the same ballpark as the PS3 and 360 in raw power.

Baha05 posted...
The fact is it HAS 3rd party support so far.

So did the Wii, to begin with. It quickly dissipated, though.
#39Baha05Posted 1/16/2013 5:00:10 PM
Golden Maven posted...
If they release a console that isn't a significant upgrade, they're dead in the water. It's a safe bet that the PS4 and XBox will be a full generational leap ahead. Some rumors claim they're using tech that isn't even on the market yet.

The Wii-U is using low powered components. That should tell you something, i.e. it's using hardware that's in the same ballpark as the PS3 and 360 in raw power.

So did the Wii, to begin with. It quickly dissipated, though.

1. It's still speculation, aka he has nothing to base it on

2. And yet the Wii U hasn't shown it;s true potential at all so again, it's speculation

3. And even more speculation as again we have no idea of what 3rd party devs will and won't create on this console.
---
#40HeaderHogPosted 1/16/2013 5:02:53 PM
Nerdstick posted...
1. Region Lock
Argument: Stops you from importing non-localized games without buying an entirely separate console.
Counter-Argument: $$$

2. Non-Account-Bound Purchases
Argument: Stops you from playing your games on multiple systems, or with friends. Less ownership of downloads.
Counter-Argument: $$$$

3. No Ethernet Port
Argument: Slower speed, less reliable connection.
Counter-Argument: $

4. Patch Required. Patch Required. Patch Required.
Argument: ...
Counter-Argument: Incompetence.

5. No VC games on Gamepad.
See above.

1. Yes, they usually want people in certain regions to not play certain games due to either age content differences or it is too expensive.
Or you might not like it anyways.

2. Piracy issues.

3. I don't have much problem with the Wi-Fi on the Wii U.

4. I agree.

5. I think it was because of rushing, yet I agree.
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.