Top arguments on why the Wii U is a major disappointment to console gamers

#81geneticsftwPosted 1/16/2013 7:30:01 PM
HELZERO posted...
bahafresh, stop trying to divert attention to the TC. Please respond to the discussion at hand.

You mentioned that 720/PS4 may not achieve the huge gaming leap that people are expecting.

I agree, and I believe this a valid point. However even if there is a significant difference (doesn't need to be a huge leap) between 720/PS4 to Wii U, it could prevent third parties from developing on the Wii U. This is because it will be difficult to port games to it from a technical standpoint.

You're response was that more attention should be made to first party games, not just third party games.

Now we are at current situation where there aren't too many of the first party games available that people have been waiting for. They will need to wait years, and by that time the competition will have their own set of games that may possibly supersede that of Nintendos.

Can you see how this can be disappointing to some (not all) people. It does not mean you must be disappointed, just that other many others may not be happy with this.

If you don't want them giving you attention, why call them out in this post?
---
Sweet
#82tehponycornPosted 1/16/2013 7:58:08 PM
dude, why are you here? If all you're going to do is bash the Wii U, then why don't you just leave now before you make a fool of yourself.

Reasons the Wii U and Nintendo will live on.

1. The amazing first party games. Do Microsoft and Sony have amazing first party games? Besides Halo and Gears of War for Microsoft (Both FPS games, the only differences are settings, guns, and aesthetics) and while I must admit Playstation has some decent first party games. (InFamous had me for a while.) Both of them mainly have 3rd party support, take that away, and all you've got is an empty husk.

2. They're revolutionary. The Wii went on to beat the PS3 and Xbox with it's casual gaming approach, family friendly games and revolutionary Motion Controls. Hey, what's the Playstation Move? Oh yeah, a cheesy rip-off of the wii remote. Kinect? a thin veil, gaming without the controller? Motion oriented games? Sounds a lot like the Wii. I'm calling this now. In 2-3 years Microsoft and Sony unveil another crappy add on for their new consoles. Also, ever heard of Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, you know, the game that was basically based off of Smash Bros?

3. The approach. Nintendo makes games with the fans specifically in mind, and once again, their first party experiences are amazing, immersive experiences. PS3's approach "What's going to get us the most money? FPS games that aren't different from each-other at all? If it gets us money, than okay!" It's the same with Microsoft, but worse.

4. The fanbase. The Nintendo fanbase is a bunch of Hardcore Gamers who are awesome guys, they chat about their favorite games, team up in-game and out, and really is a giant group of people ranging all ages. Meanwhile, the main fanbase for the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3 is a bunch of immature 12 years who curse every other second or adults who spend hours upon hours playing FPS games, other people are few and far between

All Microsoft and Sony is is Third Party support. Halo and Gears of War are the only notable ones, Microsoft basically committed a crime by buying Rare and making Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. and Sony is basically a blatant rip-off of Microsoft. Also, this is the biggest thing. Microsoft and Sony are multimedia companies Nintendo has survived all these years ONLY as a Video Game company. Nintendo is going to continue being an amazing company and all of their decisions are going to earn them millions of billions of dollars, no matter how risky. They've been in the market so long they can basically get out of anything. Also another big point: Nintendo is 100% responsible for Playstation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_(console)) read the development part.

Without Nintendo, Playstation wouldn't exist. So there's one thing, and also, Microsoft is basically just FPS games and nothing else

Each system has it's Pros and Cons

Nintendo: amazing first-party titles, decent to mediocre third party support

Microsoft: FPS games, relys on Nintendo for Ideas

Playstation: Multimedia console with a decent library of first and third party games, relys on Nintendo for Ideas

Also, as a closing, I'll say this Nintendo owns a frickin MLB team, the Seatle Mariners

On Wikipedia
Nintendo of America is also the majority owner of the Seattle Mariners Major League Baseball team.[10]

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo) it's at the beginning.
---
Does your SSB4 roster have Shulk?...No....Then I hate it.
An Epic Fail is failing Like a Boss
#83Mystic201Posted 1/20/2013 10:38:56 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#84HELZERO(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 1:56:58 PM
Nintendo is a cool company
---
Give me a real next gen system and an online zelda that revolutionizes gaming and I'll pay $1000 easy.