What Wii U game to buy, updated.

#41Pac12345Posted 1/16/2013 9:27:11 PM
2wingedangel posted...
So, how are guys doing tonight?

I tried ZombiU today. Loved it, gonna get it ASAP. I was surprised by its gameplay.
#42Panic_at_discoPosted 1/17/2013 1:13:35 AM
leather kinky man obviously.
---
Nintendo gang and if you aint with then you in the food chain
#432wingedangel(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 5:23:20 AM
Pac12345 posted...
2wingedangel posted...
So, how are guys doing tonight?

I tried ZombiU today. Loved it, gonna get it ASAP. I was surprised by its gameplay.

As much I believe it's a good game, I don't think I'd like it. I'm not exactly into horror games.
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#44CultOfCiderPosted 1/17/2013 7:02:16 AM(edited)
Why are you only interested in ports? Unless you don't have a 360 or a PS3, I'd get a WiiU exclusive. I'd definitely wipe out Arkham with the framerate issues it has.

I'm about 60% finished, and haven't noticed a thing.
I wouldn't worry about this red herring TC
---
---
#45bleedingelitePosted 1/17/2013 7:17:12 AM
Go for Warriors Orochi 3. It's repetitive, but it's fun as hell. And there are something like 130 characters in it, and you level and improve each one seperately. And Ryu Hyabusa is in it!
#46PedroMontanaPosted 1/17/2013 7:41:33 AM
I say get Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed, it has a good amount of single player/coop multiplayer contend, online AND despite being a multiplatform game it's a pretty good showcase for the Wii U as it has a lot of additional features and contend.
You also get experience points for the individual racers which allow you to use different stat variations of their vehicle.

In your other topic, you mentioned that you like upgrading/leveling and that you study Japanese, so if these things are very important for you, Warriors Orochi 3H might be the best choice for you personally, as it is very grindy and has japanese voice acting with english subtitles.
(I think Ninja Gaiden also has an option for japanese voices)

When it comes to games you don't have in your poll, i'd strongly suggest Tank! Tank! Tank!, as unlocking and leveling the tanks in that game can also get pretty addicting (played it for over 40 hours now, lol).
It has good local multiplayer with 2 player coop for the Wii U exclusive Story Mission mode (where you unlock and level up tanks), 4 player coop for the 3 Monster Battle campaigns from the arcade and also s few competitive modes.

2wingedangel posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
If you own a PC: none of those
If you own other consoles: none of those

If you only own a Wii U: Get Sonic racing it is fun.

Well, I am asking for Wii U games, so should be able to make an obvious assumption.

@ 2wingedangel:
If you don't like your topic to get derailed by PC fanboy trolls (or rather Sony fanboy trolls that come here because they are bitter about the Vita flopping and act as if they were PC fanboys, i'm not sure), you should better not react to those peoples posts at all (and also not answer to what i just wrote).
---
No More Heroes
#474D_ShadoPosted 1/17/2013 7:41:49 AM
Mirror_Aura posted...
Sonic Racing - decent, but is it really something you want as a first Wii U game?

Sonic Mega Collection was my first GameCube game and I didn't regret it. Personally, I chose "Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed" on the above poll. Sonic's got some issues nowadays, but he's not a terribly unlikeable guy. When your other four choices are boring brown-colored shooters, how can you NOT choose Sonic?

Yeah I see where you're coming from. My second GC game was Mega Collection actually, definitely a lot more memorable than my first game (NBA Street). And I still enjoy Sonic games today too, such as Generations, Secret Rings and Unleashed (which I actually found superior to Generations).

That said, Sonic racing is a spinoff. When I think of Sonic games, spinoffs don't come to mind. Also, none of the other 4 games on the poll are anything like boring brown-colored shooters, really dunno where you got that from. I know Batman and NG3 have elements you could barely call "shooting" but that's about it.
#48Luthor_Posted 1/17/2013 8:08:05 AM
You don't own a PS3 Or 360?

Eh.... You're doing it wrong.
---
I was SWAGGING WHEN I WAS 420ING then I YOLOD.
-DarkJayDragon
#49jakestar0306Posted 1/17/2013 9:01:03 AM
Nerdstick posted...
Why are you only interested in ports? Unless you don't have a 360 or a PS3, I'd get a WiiU exclusive. I'd definitely wipe out Arkham with the framerate issues it has.

SASRT and AC3 aren't ports.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#502wingedangel(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 9:11:56 AM
PedroMontana posted...
I say get Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed, it has a good amount of single player/coop multiplayer contend, online AND despite being a multiplatform game it's a pretty good showcase for the Wii U as it has a lot of additional features and contend.
You also get experience points for the individual racers which allow you to use different stat variations of their vehicle.

In your other topic, you mentioned that you like upgrading/leveling and that you study Japanese, so if these things are very important for you, Warriors Orochi 3H might be the best choice for you personally, as it is very grindy and has japanese voice acting with english subtitles.
(I think Ninja Gaiden also has an option for japanese voices)

When it comes to games you don't have in your poll, i'd strongly suggest Tank! Tank! Tank!, as unlocking and leveling the tanks in that game can also get pretty addicting (played it for over 40 hours now, lol).
It has good local multiplayer with 2 player coop for the Wii U exclusive Story Mission mode (where you unlock and level up tanks), 4 player coop for the 3 Monster Battle campaigns from the arcade and also s few competitive modes.

Thanks, I think I'll get Sonic, then Orochi when I have enough money, and Tank x3 when it goes to the bargain bin.
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462