Should Nintendo fund Platinum to make Okami 2?

#1CrystalKing5426Posted 1/16/2013 8:09:26 PM
They made it back when they were Clover (not sure they or capcom own the rights. If the latter, Nintendo buys the IP). Now, why should Nintendo fund a sequel to a game that didn't sell well dispite its quality? Good PR. They're trying to present themselves as appealing to the hardcore (Gen 6 & prior definition), and this would be a great way of showing that.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
#2KouramaPosted 1/16/2013 8:10:04 PM
That would be awesome.
#3IlluminoiusPosted 1/16/2013 8:10:35 PM
ookami
#4YamiYugi4400Posted 1/16/2013 8:11:21 PM
They could, but they won't
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#5miraimikePosted 1/16/2013 8:11:23 PM
There is the added benefit of full game downloads now, so that would theoretically limit the risk slightly.
---
-Mike 3DS Friend Code: 2148-8168-3762 Street Fighter IV
"Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts"
#6airfoemoePosted 1/16/2013 8:21:29 PM
Capcom owns the rights. Kamiya said because of Okamiden being made he has no interest of working on the series anymore because he feels like it's no longer his vision. Same thing happened with Devil May Cry after they made DMC2 without his approval. I don't know why he can't just ignore the games but that's just the way it is.

Capcom's management in Japan aren't pleasant to deal with.
---
http://www.schtserv.com/connect.php
^ go here if u wanna play Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube, Dreamcast,and PC (for free)
#7HeaderHogPosted 1/16/2013 8:22:46 PM
airfoemoe posted...
Capcom owns the rights. Kamiya said because of Okamiden being made he has no interest of working on the series anymore because he feels like it's no longer his vision. Same thing happened with Devil May Cry after they made DMC2 without his approval. I don't know why he can't just ignore the games but that's just the way it is.

Capcom's management in Japan aren't pleasant to deal with.

Well, there we go.
We now have an unfinished story.

WHY CAPCOM!
WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO US?!?!?
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#8Valkerion757Posted 1/16/2013 8:43:27 PM
airfoemoe posted...
management in Japan aren't pleasant to deal with.

Fixed for any future questions about why "insert game" sequel isnt made.

Actually its more like "Heads of the company make decisions, you follow, no matter how stupid and short sighted it is/outdated and bound to be a waste of money. Thats why Japanese games took a huge dive this gen, doing it all the old way while the rest of the world moved on. Same translates to their bubble and burst economy ever 15 years, they run ideas into the ground then its panic when they get left behind in business. Which is happening now atm, everyone was soo happy the yen is so strong and the downside of that fact is starting to slap people in the face, about another year or two before the public starts to really feel it too.
---
PSN: Valkerion7 (KoF13:Benimaru, Shen, Daimon ) (BBCS: Litchi/Valkenhayn) ~ (SSF4: Rose/Makoto)~ (GG: Anji, I-No)
XBL: ValkerionSeven (Same games as PS3)
#9NerdstickPosted 1/16/2013 8:47:21 PM
Considering that Nintendo and Square Enix have partnered to do a few Wii games recently (That Sports Mix and Itadaki Street) I can't figure out why we haven't had a proper Mario RPG 2 yet.
#10nintendo3000Posted 1/16/2013 8:57:56 PM
Okamiden is Okami 2.
---
Karma hit 666 at 9/5/11
Fluttershy is BEST PONY!!!