I know where all the games are!

#1RahzarXPosted 1/16/2013 9:25:31 PM
Theory:

Developers are making games compatible with all 3 next-gen systems. They don't want to put out their new flashy games on the Wii U because it will hurt sales when they arrive on the 720 and Ps4.

This makes sense to me, I must be correct!
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#2MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 1/16/2013 9:30:13 PM
Correction. 3rd party developers are busy making games for the real next gen consoles. No company is going to want to waste time making games for a console with a gimmicky controller when they can make way more money making them on the next XBOX/PS.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#3BuretsuPosted 1/16/2013 9:31:54 PM
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
Correction. 3rd party developers are busy making games for the real next gen consoles. No company is going to want to waste time making games for a console with a gimmicky controller when they can make way more money making them on the next XBOX/PS.

So they're busy making games for the Move 2.0 and the Kinect 2.0?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 9:32:34 PM
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/01/16/next-gen-secrets-allegedly-leaked-to-nvidia-by-former-amd-executives
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#5HeaderHogPosted 1/16/2013 9:33:31 PM

Then why aren't they making the games for the PS3 and XBOX 360 on there and not on the Wii U when they were perfectly capable of doing so?
And you know as well as I do that it can barely be used as a gimmick if it can also be used as something mandatory for play on other consoles- the controller.
The controller, and nothing but the controller.
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#6miraimikePosted 1/16/2013 9:36:51 PM

They would also spend way more money on the next X-Box/PS. It's less of a risk to develop now than to wait on the beginning of the next generation.

Anyway, we're going to see a mass of developers exiting the industry over this next generation. That, combined with companies developing more crap download-only filler titles across all systems.

THQ and Hudson are just the first exits of many more to come.
---
-Mike 3DS Friend Code: 2148-8168-3762 Street Fighter IV
"Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts"
#7DarthFloatyPosted 1/16/2013 9:37:47 PM
I'd believe the idea behind the theory. More likely, however, is that they feel the games wouldn't sell on Wii U (small install base + 3rd struggles on Nintendo + games are now very expensive to make) well enough to make their money back, so by waiting for the PS4720, they can get the games out on 3 systems with similar architecture (easier than porting otherwise) and have a better chance of making their money back.

Also, about the listed article, well, that just kinda seems like everything else I've heard. Which says "PS4720 will be strong!" and at the same time "PS4720 won't be half-way close to what fanboys want!". We'll just have to see how everything shapes up.