Oculus Rift?

#1IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/17/2013 12:10:59 AM
Wonder if this is something Nintendo is going to support with the Wii U or their next console, apparently it's spectacular.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=508457
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#2BuretsuPosted 1/17/2013 12:12:26 AM
They already did something like that, years ago. Didn't sell very well.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 12:15:01 AM
Buretsu posted...
They already did something like that, years ago. Didn't sell very well.

If you think VirtualBoy is similar to the Rift then you're more of a joke than I thought you were. Lol.
---
#4Lemmywinks13Posted 1/17/2013 12:20:34 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Wonder if this is something Nintendo is going to support with the Wii U or their next console, apparently it's spectacular.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=508457

Could be cool, but also looks really stupid and inconvenient. People don't even like wearing 3D glasses, let alone strap that monstrosity to their head.
#5RedOrionPosted 1/17/2013 12:24:31 AM
Looks really interesting, something i'm definitely keeping an eye on. Personally i'd want to see this work on the PC.
#6Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 12:39:00 AM
RedOrion posted...
Looks really interesting, something i'm definitely keeping an eye on. Personally i'd want to see this work on the PC.

It does work on the PC, with lots of games already including DOOM BFG and Mirrors Edge.
---
#7RedOrionPosted 1/17/2013 12:41:42 AM
RedOrion posted...

It does work on the PC, with lots of games already including DOOM BFG and Mirrors Edge.

Ohh i see, I was thinking of the one that Valve is developing.
#8Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 12:43:46 AM
RedOrion posted...
RedOrion posted...

Ohh i see, I was thinking of the one that Valve is developing.

Well it actually works with source engine games, Left4Dead and Half Life 2 are the ones supported off the top of my head.
---
#9Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 12:44:45 AM
Actually you just got it confused, Valve isn't making their own.

http://m.geek.com/geekdotcom/#!/entry/50f7502a87443d6c8e386ded
---
#10niels200683Posted 1/17/2013 12:52:52 AM
If they make the oculus well enough, it should have hdmi input support and be compatible with any 3D hdmi device... including the wii u and ps3.

Why would they re-invent the wheel when it comes to signal input? If they would do it, they would limit the device's appeal. So I guess the wii U already supports it, unless the oculus is poorly designed.
---
Nintendo Wii: Putting the 'p' in 'Epic'.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-