Ugh..stupid third parties

#1Lemmywinks13Posted 1/16/2013 11:11:22 PM
First EA releases Mass Effect 3 for Wii U at the same time it releases a freaking Mass Effect Trilogy on the other systems. Now Aliens, a game that has had plenty of time in development, can't make the launch day for Wii U. This after months of bragging about how great the Wii U version was. Launching these games late, combined with the lower install base that a new system brings with it is just asking for the games to fail. Then they will use these games as reasons to not release future software for the system when it's all their fault. So frustrating.
#2themoth2112Posted 1/16/2013 11:33:18 PM
EA should have released the trilogy on Wii U, I would have definetly bought it!
I didn't hear about aliens not coming to Wii U at the games launch, that's a shame:/
---
mothmusic.tumblr.com
#3NarutoPosted 1/16/2013 11:34:24 PM
The fact that ME Trilogy doesn't include DLC means there's no reason for me to double-dip.
#4Baha05Posted 1/16/2013 11:36:07 PM
Naruto posted...
The fact that ME Trilogy doesn't include DLC means there's no reason for me to double-dip.

That true?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#5MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 1/17/2013 12:01:08 AM
Yeah! Those stupid third party developers spending more time releasing there products on the consoles that'll actually make them money!
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#6jairusmonillasPosted 1/17/2013 12:06:45 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
First EA releases Mass Effect 3 for Wii U at the same time it releases a freaking Mass Effect Trilogy on the other systems. Now Aliens, a game that has had plenty of time in development, can't make the launch day for Wii U. This after months of bragging about how great the Wii U version was. Launching these games late, combined with the lower install base that a new system brings with it is just asking for the games to fail. Then they will use these games as reasons to not release future software for the system when it's all their fault. So frustrating.

Nintendo is not much of a 3rd party console.
#7Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 12:07:49 AM
themoth2112 posted...
EA should have released the trilogy on Wii U, I would have definetly bought it!
I didn't hear about aliens not coming to Wii U at the games launch, that's a shame:/

Yeah, the 360 and PS3 versions have gone gold. No word on Wii U. That combined with no firm news on a release date yet lead me to believe it will not launch simultaneously. Not a big deal to me, I can wait for the Wii U version...it's just terrible planning by the devs.
#8Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 12:08:49 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...

Nintendo is not much of a 3rd party console.

Nintendo has struggled with 3rd parties lately...that's all the more reasons 3rd parties should quit setting their games up to fail!
#9IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/17/2013 12:25:42 AM
Lately? Nintendo has been at ends with 3rd parties since the N64.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#10Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 12:28:15 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Lately? Nintendo has been at ends with 3rd parties since the N64.

Gamecube support wasn't bad. Wii support was low mainly due to the systems inability to handle ports due to it being so much weaker. When it did get multiplats, at least they were released the same day.