Ugh..stupid third parties

#11IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/17/2013 12:30:23 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Lately? Nintendo has been at ends with 3rd parties since the N64.

Gamecube support wasn't bad. Wii support was low mainly due to the systems inability to handle ports due to it being so much weaker. When it did get multiplats, at least they were released the same day.

N64 had bad releases, GCN missed out on quite a few, Wii as well like you mentioned.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#12PUNCHOUT1116Posted 1/17/2013 12:32:41 AM
I will admit, third party games arent really Nintendos strong point, atleast for consoles anyway. Im hoping they rectify that with the U, but who knows at this point.
---
-
Good stuff
#13IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/17/2013 12:33:28 AM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
I will admit, third party games arent really Nintendos strong point, atleast for consoles anyway. Im hoping they rectify that with the U, but who knows at this point.

I think those bridges were burnt long ago and will take a very long time to even find a crew to rebuild it.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#14Wario_manPosted 1/17/2013 12:38:41 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
First EA releases Mass Effect 3 for Wii U at the same time it releases a freaking Mass Effect Trilogy on the other systems. Now Aliens, a game that has had plenty of time in development, can't make the launch day for Wii U. This after months of bragging about how great the Wii U version was. Launching these games late, combined with the lower install base that a new system brings with it is just asking for the games to fail. Then they will use these games as reasons to not release future software for the system when it's all their fault. So frustrating.

Nintendo is not much of a 3rd party console.

Wii U isn't much of a console, period.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#15PUNCHOUT1116Posted 1/17/2013 12:39:00 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...

I think those bridges were burnt long ago and will take a very long time to even find a crew to rebuild it.

I think they did good securing the games they did for launch, but I havent heard about much else in the works. Im hoping it works out.
---
-
Good stuff
#16quickposterPosted 1/17/2013 12:50:59 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
Nintendo has struggled with 3rd parties lately...that's all the more reasons 3rd parties should quit setting their games up to fail!

They won't struggle with Wii U in the way Wii did because they have made it very developer and publisher friendly. They pay higher royalties and put patches up completely free. Then you factor game development being more expensive the more platforms you put games on the better.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero