Chances WiiU could snag Ni No Kuni?

#1csalvi42Posted 1/17/2013 12:37:35 AM
Every time I look at this game I gush in awe and wonder, and i hope to god this may be one of nintendo's secret games it steals away from the competition. It is not unheard of anyways. Think of Mass Effect going multiplatform, or RE4 or even FFXIII!

I really dont want wiiU to become solely a port console with added tricks up its sleeve, but Ni No Kuni's magic system could work so well with a touch screen. The okami HD remake would be a fantastic addition to the eshop as well.

Common nintendo make it happen!
---
White Version FC: 0991 1102 7167
Heart Gold FC: 4898 8264 5300
#2Chocobo115Posted 1/17/2013 12:40:38 AM
Just buy a PS3 already, they are cheap by now and i can suggest you several other good games if you want me to...
Why should you lock youself out of the good games?
#3BuretsuPosted 1/17/2013 12:42:39 AM
I wouldn't say there's no chance, but it remains to be seen how the PS3 version will do over here.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4sentoworfPosted 1/17/2013 12:49:58 AM
You should just get a PS3 if you really want the game. I doubt it's coming to Wii U.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#5csalvi42(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 12:50:54 AM
just buy a ps3, yes i will just go out and spend $300 at my will without thinking about it....0_0

I swear just cause you have a job does not mean you can spend that type of many at will. Groceries, rent, other forms of payment come trickling in regularly. Its not like when you work summer jobs and that money is just pocketed to spend on yourself. I hate it when people make assumptions about others budgetary means on this board, but I guess I should expect it as the average age on here probably is below 25...

Believe it or not maybe I don't want to buy a system for one game, and I have other expenses and objects to save for even more so than a system on its way out.

Now a backwards compatible ps4 is something id willingly invest in. Why waste $250 on a dying console when Orbis is expected to launch in the next 14 months at an estimated $400? To me I'd rather save up for the future.
---
#6IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/17/2013 12:53:19 AM
1%

Just buy the PS3 already and enjoy the RPG of the generation.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#7Chocobo115Posted 1/17/2013 12:54:51 AM
hence why I offered to suggest other games to purchase for your PS3 so you won't feel like you bought the PS3 for just one single game.
Oh and I don't know your economical situation but you could like always put aside some moey each month for a PS3, right?
#8Shadowbird_RHPosted 1/17/2013 1:02:23 AM(edited)
I'd say the chances are slim to none considering it's a new console with a minute fraction of the user base that the PS3 has. It's too early for porting to the Wii U to have much chance of being profitable.

If you can justify spending $300-350 on a launch console with a handful of games, I would think it would be no problem to spend even less on a PS3.

csalvi42 posted...
Believe it or not maybe I don't want to buy a system for one game, and I have other expenses and objects to save for even more so than a system on its way out.

Honestly, I've used this same exact argument for the Wii: If you care to look, you'll find a lot more than just one game to validate your purchase.

Now a backwards compatible ps4 is something id willingly invest in. Why waste $250 on a dying console when Orbis is expected to launch in the next 14 months at an estimated $400? To me I'd rather save up for the future.

$400 and backwards compatible with PS3? Good luck with that. You'll need it.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#9vidyagamefanboyPosted 1/17/2013 1:00:28 AM
Chocobo115 posted...
hence why I offered to suggest other games to purchase for your PS3 so you won't feel like you bought the PS3 for just one single game.
Oh and I don't know your economical situation but you could like always put aside some moey each month for a PS3, right?

Please tell me. I play multiplats on xbox 360 and don't play shooters.
#10csalvi42(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 1:03:37 AM
ok ok, clearly i did not make clear that I am not interesting in buying a ps3 at the end of its life style. Yes it is more than feasible that I could afford one, but I also want to buy a new car this year, and the Olympus OMD5, and have food to eat etc etc

Its a matter of want vs need. I am a nintendo loyalist so I put away money for the WiiU way before it came out because I knew I'd have fun with pikmin3 and AC3 and nintendoland, and so far two out of 3 of those games have proven excellent.

I still think there is hope if rumors of nintendo actively courting select 3rd parties is true. Level 5 has a strong track record with nintendo, just look at the mega popularity of the layton games, and I wouldn't be surprised if nintendo willed to publish it as some deluxe edition/Game of the year edition that comes out say late 2013. It would be a nice bookend since the original game in the series came out for the DS. Would be cool if they updated the DS game with better cellshaded graphics for 3ds and release it side by side with a wiiU version.

I'm not so sure it will be a huge success on PS3 personally. PS3 does have a huge user base but rpgs have struggled this generation aside from a few exceptions (like xenoblade for one). Yes the game looks special but I wonder if it will find crossover with the audiences buying each new CoD every year for example. I think its gorgeous looking but another may find it childish. I remember getting those remarks from adults when I watched Ghibli movies in HS "arent you a little old for cartoons?" No, I'm evidently not, but I wish the game all the success in the world, seriously.
---