Is Nintendo capable of making high graphic quality games like Uncharted 2?

#1HellsingOrgPosted 1/17/2013 4:55:10 AM
Serious question.

See most of Nintendo's games are fun, great, innovative etc... BUT they all lack in the graphics department for the most part.

Most of Nintendo's characters and their games are always VERY COLORFUL and aren't real people or use real life realism graphics.

Now you can argue that a cartoony game might look better than a more realistic looking one but I'm wondering if Nintendo is capable of making games that play, look like, have huge worlds like:

Final Fantasy 13
Just Cause 2
GTA V
Uncharted 2
Metal Gear Solid 4

is Nintendo only able to offer sub hd or 720p games with very colorful or cellshaded graphics?

Can they actually make a game with a huge world like Skyrim but offer very realistic graphics that don't look like Zelda Wind Waker and more like Final Fantasy 13?

I'm just wondering why Nintendo which has money has never made a very good looking game with exceptional graphics like other developers do.

I think if Nintendo added awesome graphics to their already great mix then they will be elite.

I mean Nintendo games always have great characters, story, music, innovation, fun,etc... but is always lacking in the high quality graphics department.

some argue that graphics are lame and that if a game is great then graphics don't matter BUT I think that great graphics can add to the already awesome experience.

I mean imagine playing the new Zelda game in a world as huge like Just Cause 2 or Skryim with Final Fantasy 13 type graphics!
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2shaunmePosted 1/17/2013 4:57:43 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
Serious question.

See most of Nintendo's games are fun, great, innovative etc... BUT they all lack in the graphics department for the most part.

Most of Nintendo's characters and their games are always VERY COLORFUL and aren't real people or use real life realism graphics.

Now you can argue that a cartoony game might look better than a more realistic looking one but I'm wondering if Nintendo is capable of making games that play, look like, have huge worlds like:

Final Fantasy 13
Just Cause 2
GTA V
Uncharted 2
Metal Gear Solid 4

is Nintendo only able to offer sub hd or 720p games with very colorful or cellshaded graphics?

Can they actually make a game with a huge world like Skyrim but offer very realistic graphics that don't look like Zelda Wind Waker and more like Final Fantasy 13?

I'm just wondering why Nintendo which has money has never made a very good looking game with exceptional graphics like other developers do.

I think if Nintendo added awesome graphics to their already great mix then they will be elite.

I mean Nintendo games always have great characters, story, music, innovation, fun,etc... but is always lacking in the high quality graphics department.

some argue that graphics are lame and that if a game is great then graphics don't matter BUT I think that great graphics can add to the already awesome experience.

I mean imagine playing the new Zelda game in a world as huge like Just Cause 2 or Skryim with Final Fantasy 13 type graphics!

uncharted and high graphic quality in the same sentence lolololololoololloloollllllllllllll
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#3The_Shadow_LinkPosted 1/17/2013 5:00:14 AM
shaunme posted...
HellsingOrg posted...
Serious question.

Final Fantasy 13
Just Cause 2
GTA V
Uncharted 2
Metal Gear Solid 4

uncharted and high graphic quality in the same sentence lolololololoololloloollllllllllllll

You, Yeah you, shut up. When Nintendo can pull off something as graphical intense and beautiful as the Train Level. Then maybe you can start speaking again.

Until then, go away. You the exact type of person this board doesn't need. Even the Nintendo Fanboys don't want your kind.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#4c_h_shawPosted 1/17/2013 5:02:07 AM
twilight princess was a GC game and if it had just been a GC game and not set the precedent for wii titles, i think that as aGC game, WOW! it was amazing.

mario sunshine was awesome too, where have you been looking? you came late and saw outdated 64 or rough wii games?
go and look at the sun glare effects or the water on sunshine. they were amazing. but it's hard to judge now, in respect to higher specs consoles, but back then, sunshine, REmake, starfox adventures (the furr effect blew me away as did the sound!)
---
QUEEN RULE.
wii code: 2284 5760 6488 3346 name: cshaws wii...
#5shaunmePosted 1/17/2013 5:03:40 AM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
shaunme posted...
HellsingOrg posted...
Serious question.

Final Fantasy 13
Just Cause 2
GTA V
Uncharted 2
Metal Gear Solid 4

You, Yeah you, shut up. When Nintendo can pull off something as graphical intense and beautiful as the Train Level. Then maybe you can start speaking again.

Until then, go away. You the exact type of person this board doesn't need. Even the Nintendo Fanboys don't want your kind.

720p= lol
no anti aliasing=lol
30fpsMAX=lol
extremely linear games to mask their techincal inferiority=lol
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#6c_h_shawPosted 1/17/2013 5:04:34 AM
also, if the rumours are true and nintendo's next zelda is in the same vain as SS instead of realistic, i think with a higher resolution to work with, the game will look like a disney film, all magical and beautiful.

i can see what you are saying, TC. you want a high spec, realistic graphics game to show off on ya wiiU. i think it will come. just have patience. it's all early days.
---
QUEEN RULE.
wii code: 2284 5760 6488 3346 name: cshaws wii...
#7FoppePosted 1/17/2013 5:08:55 AM
Sure, why not.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#840DribylfPosted 1/17/2013 5:09:37 AM
Uncharted 2 isn't "graphically extensive" Gorgeous as all hell, but there are a lot of smokes and mirrors to accomplish it. For one it's obnoxiously linear, relies on setpieces and moments, and the levels aren't nearly as large as most games. That doesn't take away from how beautiful the games are, but it doesn't push hardware when it sacrifices so much.

Anyway, TC, what the hell of you talking about? Do you not remember the SNES day? Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64? Metroid Prime? Nintendo were always pushing out graphically awesome games for their time. When the Wii came around, that was dropped. And we'll most likely never see that again. The games will look great in the Wii U, but nothing shocking.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#9shaunmePosted 1/17/2013 5:10:30 AM
40Dribylf posted...
Uncharted 2 isn't "graphically extensive" Gorgeous as all hell, but there are a lot of smokes and mirrors to accomplish it. For one it's obnoxiously linear, relies on setpieces and moments, and the levels aren't nearly as large as most games. That doesn't take away from how beautiful the games are, but it doesn't push hardware when it sacrifices so much.

Anyway, TC, what the hell of you talking about? Do you not remember the SNES day? Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64? Metroid Prime? Nintendo were always pushing out graphically awesome games for their time. When the Wii came around, that was dropped. And we'll most likely never see that again. The games will look great in the Wii U, but nothing shocking.

this man knows his stuff.
---
#1040DribylfPosted 1/17/2013 5:13:35 AM
Also, if Twilight Princess came out in 2004 like it should, it would've been (well it still is, technically) one of the best looking games 6th generation, period.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990