Is Nintendo capable of making high graphic quality games like Uncharted 2?

#11HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 5:21:29 AM
shaunme posted...
HellsingOrg posted...
Serious question.

See most of Nintendo's games are fun, great, innovative etc... BUT they all lack in the graphics department for the most part.

Most of Nintendo's characters and their games are always VERY COLORFUL and aren't real people or use real life realism graphics.

Now you can argue that a cartoony game might look better than a more realistic looking one but I'm wondering if Nintendo is capable of making games that play, look like, have huge worlds like:

Final Fantasy 13
Just Cause 2
GTA V
Uncharted 2
Metal Gear Solid 4

is Nintendo only able to offer sub hd or 720p games with very colorful or cellshaded graphics?

Can they actually make a game with a huge world like Skyrim but offer very realistic graphics that don't look like Zelda Wind Waker and more like Final Fantasy 13?

I'm just wondering why Nintendo which has money has never made a very good looking game with exceptional graphics like other developers do.

I think if Nintendo added awesome graphics to their already great mix then they will be elite.

I mean Nintendo games always have great characters, story, music, innovation, fun,etc... but is always lacking in the high quality graphics department.

some argue that graphics are lame and that if a game is great then graphics don't matter BUT I think that great graphics can add to the already awesome experience.

I mean imagine playing the new Zelda game in a world as huge like Just Cause 2 or Skryim with Final Fantasy 13 type graphics!

uncharted and high graphic quality in the same sentence lolololololoololloloollllllllllllll

Uncharted 2 NOT Uncharted 1 which is what you may have misread.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#12blm03vPosted 1/17/2013 5:22:36 AM
There really isn't a character from Nintendo's first parties that would fit in a bright realistic world. Maybe Monolith's new game, but other than that, I don't expect anything from Nintendo to use that graphic style.
#13shaunmePosted 1/17/2013 5:26:23 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
shaunme posted...
HellsingOrg posted...
Serious question.

See most of Nintendo's games are fun, great, innovative etc... BUT they all lack in the graphics department for the most part.

Most of Nintendo's characters and their games are always VERY COLORFUL and aren't real people or use real life realism graphics.

Now you can argue that a cartoony game might look better than a more realistic looking one but I'm wondering if Nintendo is capable of making games that play, look like, have huge worlds like:

Final Fantasy 13
Just Cause 2
GTA V
Uncharted 2
Metal Gear Solid 4

is Nintendo only able to offer sub hd or 720p games with very colorful or cellshaded graphics?

Can they actually make a game with a huge world like Skyrim but offer very realistic graphics that don't look like Zelda Wind Waker and more like Final Fantasy 13?

I'm just wondering why Nintendo which has money has never made a very good looking game with exceptional graphics like other developers do.

I think if Nintendo added awesome graphics to their already great mix then they will be elite.

I mean Nintendo games always have great characters, story, music, innovation, fun,etc... but is always lacking in the high quality graphics department.

some argue that graphics are lame and that if a game is great then graphics don't matter BUT I think that great graphics can add to the already awesome experience.

I mean imagine playing the new Zelda game in a world as huge like Just Cause 2 or Skryim with Final Fantasy 13 type graphics!

uncharted and high graphic quality in the same sentence lolololololoololloloollllllllllllll

Uncharted 2 NOT Uncharted 1 which is what you may have misread.

all uncharteds
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#1440DribylfPosted 1/17/2013 5:34:08 AM
blm03v posted...
There really isn't a character from Nintendo's first parties that would fit in a bright realistic world. Maybe Monolith's new game, but other than that, I don't expect anything from Nintendo to use that graphic style.

Also, this

Nintendo's games are not grounded in reality.

The Elder Scrolls series sacrifices a refined gameplay experience for an open-world one. I personally cannot see Zelda working in a true open world context (not like Skyrim) but hey, that's just me. Skyward Sword was a large step back, but I blame that on the Wii's weak hardware. Luckily the Wii U won't have the same problems.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#15P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/17/2013 5:34:33 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=27Lf4uVuE50

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF4rInTqOLI
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece
#16GLDanzegoPosted 1/17/2013 6:29:43 AM
Sure, Nintendo are capable of it. Why wouldn't they be? That's just not the art style they choose to utilize.
#17miraimikePosted 1/17/2013 6:55:34 AM
40Dribylf posted...
blm03v posted...

Also, this

Nintendo's games are not grounded in reality.

The Elder Scrolls series sacrifices a refined gameplay experience for an open-world one. I personally cannot see Zelda working in a true open world context (not like Skyrim) but hey, that's just me. Skyward Sword was a large step back, but I blame that on the Wii's weak hardware. Luckily the Wii U won't have the same problems.

Kid Icarus
---
-Mike 3DS Friend Code: 2148-8168-3762 Street Fighter IV
"Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts"
#1840DribylfPosted 1/17/2013 7:26:53 AM
Saying a game I haven't played yet doesn't do jack**** dude

What about Kid Icarus? Use sentences.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#19PaladinAlikPosted 1/17/2013 7:33:17 AM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
shaunme posted...
HellsingOrg posted...
Serious question.

Final Fantasy 13
Just Cause 2
GTA V
Uncharted 2
Metal Gear Solid 4

You, Yeah you, shut up. When Nintendo can pull off something as graphical intense and beautiful as the Train Level. Then maybe you can start speaking again.

Until then, go away. You the exact type of person this board doesn't need. Even the Nintendo Fanboys don't want your kind.

nah he seems fine by me. Uncharted is highly highly overrated by sony fanboys
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#20Sailor GoonPosted 1/17/2013 7:33:27 AM
Anyone saying Uncharted isn't graphically extensive obviously hasn't played the series.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh