How many people that followed Wii U from the start are still having delusions?

#41MotoidarPosted 1/17/2013 8:00:24 AM
*Owns ALL Nintendo systems except Wii U*

Nintendo, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
---
QX9650@3.6GHz | EVGA GTX 580 | 8GB DDR2 | Xonar DG 5.1 | 27" 3D LCD | Windows 8 Pro x64
#42Elem187Posted 1/17/2013 8:03:17 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
Btw I'm just gonna flat out ignore the "lol troll" posts from the usual suspects that really seem to have no grasp on reality.

If you have money to burn, and don't care about blowing 300 bucks or more on essentially a paperweight that will only get like 15 AAA 1st party games with any meat to them in its six year life, thats great and I hope you have fun with that.

You don't need to come in here and spin fiction about how the system is more than that though. Go enjoy your Wii U then.

Compared to what? Blowing $700 on a paper weight that runs slower than my computer when Sony releases their next yawn console?

Will Sony issue a price cut for their new overpriced console within two months of its release, like they did for the underpowered, overpriced PS3??
#43vejetaPosted 1/17/2013 8:04:48 AM
Elem187 posted...
Btw I'm just gonna flat out ignore the "lol troll" posts from the usual suspects that really seem to have no grasp on reality.

If you have money to burn, and don't care about blowing 300 bucks or more on essentially a paperweight that will only get like 15 AAA 1st party games with any meat to them in its six year life, thats great and I hope you have fun with that.

You don't need to come in here and spin fiction about how the system is more than that though. Go enjoy your Wii U then.

Compared to what? Blowing $700 on a paper weight that runs slower than my computer when Sony releases their next yawn console?

Will Sony issue a price cut for their new overpriced console within two months of its release, like they did for the underpowered, overpriced PS3??

Exactly how was / is the PS3 underpowered?
---
SSBB FC: 0302 - 1298 - 2022 Name: Jab
PSN: Jab_187
#44crondizzlePosted 1/17/2013 8:21:03 AM(edited)

is there something wrong with that?

it's the exact same as the Wii, the first-party nintendo games are worth buying the system for. I will buy a Wii-u as soon as a good Zelda game is out.

at least Nintendo actually has good exclusive games, PS3 and Xbox don't have anything but shooters. It's a matter of opinion.... I've had PS3 for years and never cared for ANY of the exclusives, yet kids will sing the praises of God of War, uncharted, GTA, red dead redemption, etc, i don't enjoy ANY of those games, i'd rather play Twilight Princess 5 times over again than play any of those.
#45sonicsonicPosted 1/17/2013 8:23:36 AM
vejeta posted...
Elem187 posted...

Exactly how was / is the PS3 underpowered?

Compared to a PC it is. When the next Sony/MS console is released the chances are the gap will be even greater than it was for the 360/PS3 and PC...

...But that's not a bad thing. The points that you made are true, but in terms of someone buying the console does it really matter ?

I know people who buy a console only for one game. Some buy a console for COD others I know for Tales of. I have played over 70 hours on RE6 Mercenaries mode. The WiiU, like the next Sony/MS, will get some amazing exclusives.
#46TerotrousPosted 1/17/2013 8:26:50 AM
I don't know where you get the idea that there will be no ports considering that like 80% of the Wii U games that are currently available are ports.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#47HoutenPosted 1/17/2013 8:28:00 AM
No delusions here, I follow MH wherever it goes.
#48djprofessork1Posted 1/17/2013 8:29:45 AM(edited)

15 AAA first party games? That sounds amazing to me. Wii only had like, 4 in its lifetime.

Besides, the amount of "AAA" games is meaningless, you're just judging them based on review scores. I don't give a sh*t if IGN and Gamespot think Halo and COD are AAA, i still don't want to play them. I'd rather play one Zelda game and one Mario game over 50 of your "AAA" xbox and ps games.

also, I own a gaming pc, so 95% of xbox/ps games are useless to me.
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#49Kenichi34Posted 1/17/2013 8:34:16 AM
People seem to forget that almost EVERY system after launch struggles during its first year or so. Why do people only blow the whistle when it happens to Nintendo?

Besides, what does the Wii U have/lack that makes people think it'll be a Wii repeat? Because there's a possibility that the PS4/720 will be more powerful? So what? The Wii had the different control scheme/bad online that made 3rd party struggle. Those problems have been addressed with the Wii U.
---
GT: Kenichi340
"What was the point of that pregnant pause!?" - Edgeworth
#50GloryChaosPosted 1/17/2013 8:40:39 AM
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=13152
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png