I really hope the next Zelda keeps motion controls

#1PaladinAlikPosted 1/17/2013 7:15:56 AM
I was just playing Skyward sword for the first time in awhile and I was just hunting down goddess cubes and I was having tons of fun. I've been hunting them down because I really hate the boss rush requiremet for the hylian shield so im just trying to 100% before going for it on hero mode.

anyways long story short: <3 the SS controls and would be sad if they dont come back in the next zelda.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#2Petey_MeanisPosted 1/17/2013 7:22:51 AM
The Gamepad will be the controller used so it will be limited to that controller's motion.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#340DribylfPosted 1/17/2013 7:24:03 AM(edited)
The SS controls are good, but need to be designed better if they do add them to the next Zelda.

The one-on-one combat is a chore, it's boring playing a glorified game of Simon with almost every enemy you fight. And most times, you can just fling your remote around and get the same results. That's weak as hell.

Aiming with WiiMotion Plus sucks, in a sense that it's slow and you're constantly recalibrating. The beetle was cool, tho, worked really well.

And the fact that Link runs around like child with a pair of scissors when he has his sword out is an awful design choice.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#4PaladinAlik(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 8:44:27 AM
40Dribylf posted...
The SS controls are good, but need to be designed better if they do add them to the next Zelda.

The one-on-one combat is a chore, it's boring playing a glorified game of Simon with almost every enemy you fight. And most times, you can just fling your remote around and get the same results. That's weak as hell.

Aiming with WiiMotion Plus sucks, in a sense that it's slow and you're constantly recalibrating. The beetle was cool, tho, worked really well.

And the fact that Link runs around like child with a pair of scissors when he has his sword out is an awful design choice.

I felt combat was always great, its been 1 on 1 since OoT honestly and it works just fine. cannot say that flinging the wiimote around for me was ever effective unless the enemy's weak spot was exposed and he was prone.

I agree they overused wii motion + the infrared on the base wiimote would have been just fine (I preferred TP's hookshot and bow mechanics to SS's)

beyond that I really enjoyed the controls a great deal I just noticed tonight that when you swing the sword even if its in the same general direction, his sword will pick up slight swing differences. So even if its a 93 degree angle as opposed to a 90 degree angle, the game will pick it up which was pretty cool. Functionaly speaking in gameplay it means nothing but just a nice detail.

I just want SS controls with a more traditional zelda overworld and I will be so happy.

I also wouldnt mind a TP remake with SS controls added
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#5Luthor_Posted 1/17/2013 8:46:44 AM

I lol'd. And it's true.
---
I was SWAGGING WHEN I WAS 420ING then I YOLOD.
-DarkJayDragon
#6trenkenPosted 1/17/2013 8:48:04 AM
It better use the gamepad and ditch the motion controls. I didnt buy a Wii U to play every game with the Wii's waggle controller.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#7PaladinAlik(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 9:00:18 AM
trenken posted...
It better use the gamepad and ditch the motion controls. I didnt buy a Wii U to play every game with the Wii's waggle controller.

if you waggled in SS than you were doing it wrong

I hope we get more motion controls in the next zelda. Precision cutting ftw
---
#8Reflex-ArcPosted 1/17/2013 9:21:29 AM
As much as I love a good Zelda game, I just can not get into Skyward Sword. I just hate motion control with a fiery passion. I seriously hope the next title uses a more conventional control scheme. I'd hate to miss out on another Zelda game.
---
I like video games.
#9wrightreyesrockPosted 1/17/2013 9:32:54 AM
I agree. I think the motion controls work better than just using a button for the sword
---
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3611 1741 9366
#10knightimexPosted 1/17/2013 9:39:55 AM
I hope no motion controls is used for the next zelda.
give an option to use either one.

Everything you can do with a wii mote can be done on a Xbox 360 controller
trust me I know.
---
Old School Games FTW!