I really hope the next Zelda keeps motion controls

#11Dave_is_my_namePosted 1/17/2013 9:44:32 AM
I really hope it doesn't.. If motion controls are in the game, I will not be purchasing it.

They were so bad in SS, I stopped playing after the first dungeon.
#12messhiaunedPosted 1/17/2013 9:45:27 AM
No thanks.
#13Nate_DihldorffPosted 1/17/2013 10:37:31 AM
So Topic Creator would rather take inaccurate and laggy over accurate and instantaneous?
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#14Mattatron42Posted 1/17/2013 10:42:05 AM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
So Topic Creator would rather take inaccurate and laggy over accurate and instantaneous?

wrong SS controlled great, and it would be a huge step backward if they got rid of motion controls for zelda.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron
#15dcamp27Posted 1/17/2013 10:51:19 AM
I agree with TC. I love Skyward Swords motion controls.
#16DDDDrovaPosted 1/17/2013 10:52:03 AM
they should have the option to switch between the two
I loved the motion controls but some people just dont like em
plus the way that zelda demo played was intersting
#17tuznecotePosted 1/17/2013 10:56:45 AM
This is the saddest thing about the Wii.U
I loved the Nunchuck and Wiimote. I was hoping it will be improved upon and be align with the move. The Gamepad whilst I love seems ALMOST a step backwards. Its just gamepad.........with a screen (ok I admit I am kinda downplaying the features).

I miss pointing at all the objects at screen.
#1840DribylfPosted 1/17/2013 1:35:01 PM
I felt combat was always great, its been 1 on 1 since OoT honestly and it works just fine. cannot say that flinging the wiimote around for me was ever effective unless the enemy's weak spot was exposed and he was prone.

You ignored my Simon comment. Damn near every single fight with a humanoid enemy was a chore and felt the same. You couldn't use new techniques throughout the game and you were stuck ONLY using the sword. They need to fix that.

TWW and TP had excellent combat systems. They were fun, cool, and simple. TWW had parrying and Link looked like an absolute badass. TP was great on the Gamecube and didn't have to deal with the shaky, often-inaccurate Wii Remote controls. The combat system in the game, the way you can gain new moves, was an awesome jump forward and could easily be improved upon.

And flinging the Wiimote was effective for me after the first hit with most enemies. That's poorly designed imo. And for the Imprisoned sections, the only thing you're doing is flinging the Wiimote. I'd much rather push a button. At least it's precise and I can time things much more accurately.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#19YamiYugi4400Posted 1/17/2013 1:37:18 PM
Hopefully they get rid of the crappy motion controls
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#20_Sovereign_Posted 1/17/2013 1:38:50 PM
PaladinAlik posted...
trenken posted...
It better use the gamepad and ditch the motion controls. I didnt buy a Wii U to play every game with the Wii's waggle controller.

if you waggled in SS than you were doing it wrong

I hope we get more motion controls in the next zelda. Precision cutting ftw

The bold part is correct for 95% of Wii games.

I thought the controls were handled well, although some more tweaking couldn't have hurt. Saying that though, I think If motion controls are to be used AT ALL, they need to be used sparingly for the upcoming Zelda. SS will be the only Zelda I don't replay....
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.