The Wii U Stumbles in Japan (But Don't Count Nintendo Out)

#11IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/17/2013 9:13:01 AM
Baha05 posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Hey at least you are admitting the sales are low now. And I think if people were willing to call the Vita a failure this early in its life why can't the Wii U be called the same? Not that I'm calling it a failure mind you, but some are.

Thats because now we are getting the numbers in perspective but again it is part if cosole life. Also the Vita for a long time was deemed a failure becuase it had some of the worst sales numbers for well any console. Of course for the Wii U we might see numbers jump in ohhh March

Did you really say the Vita had some of the worst sales numbers for any console...? Delusional.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#12gamewhooper181Posted 1/17/2013 9:16:00 AM
Baha05 posted...
Hey at least you are admitting the sales are low now. And I think if people were willing to call the Vita a failure this early in its life why can't the Wii U be called the same? Not that I'm calling it a failure mind you, but some are.

Thats because now we are getting the numbers in perspective but again it is part if cosole life. Also the Vita for a long time was deemed a failure becuase it had some of the worst sales numbers for well any console. Of course for the Wii U we might see numbers jump in ohhh March

Did you really say the Vita had some of the worst sales numbers for any console...? Delusional.

It's true, though. Vita has been selling worse than the Dreamcast was when Sega pulled the plug on it. Sure, Vita has sold more than failures like Virtual Boy and N-GAGE, but compared to every other Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, and Sega platform in the past 20 years, it's had the worst sales by far.
---
PS3/PSN: gamewhooper
NNID/Miiverse: gamewhooper
#13nickvd8Posted 1/17/2013 9:16:48 AM
I think the sales will pick back up when some games start coming out at a consistent rate. Right now there's almost no incentive for people to want to buy the console if they didn't get it at launch. Monster Hunter will probably give them a boost in Japan that's a popular title there.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#14IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/17/2013 9:18:10 AM
gamewhooper181 posted...
Baha05 posted...

It's true, though. Vita has been selling worse than the Dreamcast was when Sega pulled the plug on it. Sure, Vita has sold more than failures like Virtual Boy and N-GAGE, but compared to every other Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, and Sega platform in the past 20 years, it's had the worst sales by far.

Proof behind that?

And how would Monster Hunter give them a boost? That was a launch game in Japan.
---
#15nickvd8Posted 1/17/2013 9:21:16 AM

Proof behind that?

And how would Monster Hunter give them a boost? That was a launch game in Japan.

I didn't realize it was a launch title, what I said still stands. When some compelling software comes out naturally the install base will increase.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#16IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/17/2013 9:22:00 AM
Let's hope so, because these sales are worrying.
---
#17Baha05Posted 1/17/2013 9:37:23 AM

Well except it does, I mean by the time July came around the Vita only sold roughly 2.2 million and it is slowly finally catching up in sales and even slightly beating the Wii U
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#18SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/17/2013 9:38:46 AM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
gamewhooper181 posted...
The Wii U's sales, while not great, have far surpassed 360, PS3, and Vita's sales when launch-aligned.

Nintendo is truly it's own worst enemy. Standards are simply set too high for the company, considering the massive success both the DS and Wii had.

Yep. Sales are only slow when in comparison to the Wii. I don't think anyone ever thought it would sell consistently like the Wii did.

That's true

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46506482&postcount=43

as you can see Wii U lines up with every other gaming device other than Wii.

Just another sensational piece by Kotaku like the "My Wii U GamePad broke after it fell 2ft to a wood panel floor" story.

I wonder if PS4 will be compared to PS2 or even if PS3 was compared to PS2.
#19IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/17/2013 9:38:48 AM
Baha05 posted...

Well except it does, I mean by the time July came around the Vita only sold roughly 2.2 million and it is slowly finally catching up in sales and even slightly beating the Wii U

Think about what you are saying here. There are sooo many consoles and handhelds with worse sales lol.
---
#20SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/17/2013 9:45:04 AM
Baha05 posted...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46509386&postcount=362