Has SE given up on the West?

#21BuretsuPosted 1/17/2013 3:08:47 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
I think you are jumping the gun TC. Also iOS is a lucrative market. You can't fault them or any other third party for going after it.

People are just tired of getting jerked around, when big things are teased, but then just turn out to be iOS money grabs.

See also:
Mega Man Xover and The World Ends With You iOS port
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#22Paulf001Posted 1/17/2013 3:11:12 PM
SE has a ton of people working on the FF14 remake, they said they had over 300 its their main project right now.

Beta is going to start for FF14 in February but you can still sign up here
http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/na

If you want to try out the game on PC or PS3.
#23Rappy00Posted 1/17/2013 3:12:05 PM
The_Boredoms posted...
They're too busy flooding the IOS market with bundles of microtransactions disguised as games.

Damn someone beat me to it.
---
Nintendo ID:Rappy0
PSN:Rappy0
#24FFnutPosted 1/17/2013 3:16:59 PM
messhiauned posted...
pokemega32 posted...
Newbius posted...
Square Enix nowadays is irrelevant releasing bad game after bad game. And also I'm really getting tired of the Kingdom Hearts spin offs.

Those aren't spin offs. Kingdom Hearts III won't make any sense without them.

Also 3D was a direct sequel to Kingdom Hearts II.

Doesn't mean they're not spinoffs. I'd say crisis core is a spinoff of FF7 but it had vital information about FF7's story did it not?

No, it really didn't. Unless a FF7-2 comes out and Genesis et al are all really integral to the plot, then Crisis Core mainly wrapped up all of the story elements it introduced. Anything in it relevant to FF7's plot was handled in FF7 itself in flashbacks/exposition.

As opposed to say, KH Chain of Memories, which introduces a whole slew of characters and explanations about different things which are extremely important to KH2. Like how Sora got in the flower thing. And how Riku and Mickey escaped. And who Axel and Naminé are. And an idea of what the Organization was.

Or think Assassin's Creed, if you know the plot of that series. Could you just go straight from 2 to 3 without questions, given the twists that appeared in Brotherhood?
---
Official Naoya of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
#25NewbiusPosted 1/17/2013 3:18:23 PM
userfrigginame posted...
Well wasn't FFXIII-2 their last console game released? I mean they're coming out with Lightning Returns this year, so that's two years in a row of releasing a big game for a console. So, I mean them even just coming out with a game that's going to come out this year shows no indication of giving up.

But here is the problem: NO ONE asked for those games. No one wanted sequals to a crap game. We want new and good quality games. For example, fans have been begging to receive new info on Versus XIII, but Square Enix hasn't said a damn thing in over a few years!
#26anon_firePosted 1/17/2013 3:21:21 PM
Newbius posted...
userfrigginame posted...
Well wasn't FFXIII-2 their last console game released? I mean they're coming out with Lightning Returns this year, so that's two years in a row of releasing a big game for a console. So, I mean them even just coming out with a game that's going to come out this year shows no indication of giving up.

But here is the problem: NO ONE asked for those games. No one wanted sequals to a crap game. We want new and good quality games. For example, fans have been begging to receive new info on Versus XIII, but Square Enix hasn't said a damn thing in over a few years!

But try answering this, did the japanese fanbase ask for XIII-2?
#27BuretsuPosted 1/17/2013 3:24:55 PM
anon_fire posted...
Newbius posted...
userfrigginame posted...

It was the sequel they deserved, if not the sequel they needed.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#28NewbiusPosted 1/17/2013 3:27:46 PM
Buretsu posted...
anon_fire posted...
Newbius posted...
userfrigginame posted...

It was the sequel they deserved, if not the sequel they needed.

But was it necessary? I think the answer is no.
#29FireKatKidPosted 1/17/2013 3:54:04 PM
I gave up on Square-Enix, aside from Kingdom Hearts, the moment I saw the characters for Star Ocean: Last Hope. Or was that Star Phantasy: Fanservice ALL the Things...

Eh, I forget.
#30userfrigginamePosted 1/17/2013 4:09:07 PM(edited)
Newbius posted...
userfrigginame posted...

Well whether fans asked for them or not doesn't really relate to SE having given up on the West, seeing as they're still making big games (by big I mean on consoles) on an almost yearly basis (XIII back in '10) that are released in the West. But, I guess just to digress from the topic, I'm not sure anyone ever asked for any FFs like VII, VIII, IX, X, Tactics etc. either. But, I would actually make somewhat of a case for XIII-2, after the fans' criticism over the linearity of XIII. I would say XIII-2 is partially fan influenced, and that turned out to be worse than XIII IMO. Of course XIII needed a bit more of an improvement than just its linearity. Anyway, and to digress more, I'm somewhat surprised that ppl who are looking forward to Versus XIII, aren't looking forward to the gameplay of LR. They seem very similar, action-oriented like Kingdom Hearts, and Versus looks like you can only control one character as well.