Has SE given up on the West?

#31EndgamePosted 1/17/2013 4:58:45 PM
They're too busy flooding the IOS market with bundles of microtransactions disguised as games.

better than flooding the console market with movies disguised as games
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#32GloryChaosPosted 1/17/2013 5:03:39 PM
Wait until they reveal Lightning Returns and dazzle everybody with the Luminous Engine.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#33Virus66Posted 1/17/2013 5:03:42 PM
Newbius posted...
userfrigginame posted...
Well wasn't FFXIII-2 their last console game released? I mean they're coming out with Lightning Returns this year, so that's two years in a row of releasing a big game for a console. So, I mean them even just coming out with a game that's going to come out this year shows no indication of giving up.

But here is the problem: NO ONE asked for those games. No one wanted sequals to a crap game. We want new and good quality games. For example, fans have been begging to receive new info on Versus XIII, but Square Enix hasn't said a damn thing in over a few years!

I did. I asked for another one. I happened to enjoy XIII (GASP!) and so did pretty much most people who are level headed and don't spew hate all over the internet. Regardless of your view of the game, and how unbelievably jaded it is, It still sold a metric f***-ton, and garnered a pretty good metacritic rating. Obviously it did things well. XIII-2 was even better and although sales were still weaker, it was rated better. People still want the games or else they wouldn't buy it.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#34messhiaunedPosted 1/17/2013 5:09:05 PM
FFnut posted...
messhiauned posted...
pokemega32 posted...
Newbius posted...
Square Enix nowadays is irrelevant releasing bad game after bad game. And also I'm really getting tired of the Kingdom Hearts spin offs.

Those aren't spin offs. Kingdom Hearts III won't make any sense without them.

Also 3D was a direct sequel to Kingdom Hearts II.

Doesn't mean they're not spinoffs. I'd say crisis core is a spinoff of FF7 but it had vital information about FF7's story did it not?

No, it really didn't. Unless a FF7-2 comes out and Genesis et al are all really integral to the plot, then Crisis Core mainly wrapped up all of the story elements it introduced. Anything in it relevant to FF7's plot was handled in FF7 itself in flashbacks/exposition.

As opposed to say, KH Chain of Memories, which introduces a whole slew of characters and explanations about different things which are extremely important to KH2. Like how Sora got in the flower thing. And how Riku and Mickey escaped. And who Axel and Naminé are. And an idea of what the Organization was.

Or think Assassin's Creed, if you know the plot of that series. Could you just go straight from 2 to 3 without questions, given the twists that appeared in Brotherhood?

Doesn't change the main point though. A spinoff can introduce new characters and information just as much as a main entry. A handheld entry is a spinoff of a console game. Also, whether or not something is a spinoff has nothing to do with story but gameplay and platform.
#35messhiaunedPosted 1/17/2013 5:10:42 PM
Also, in the case of final fantasy ffx-2 or xiii-2 are considered spinoffs.
#36Virus66Posted 1/17/2013 5:13:27 PM
messhiauned posted...
Also, in the case of final fantasy ffx-2 or xiii-2 are considered spinoffs.

Except that they are sequels >_>

Halo 2 isn't a spinoff of Halo. Same principle.
---
#37CyricsServantPosted 1/17/2013 5:15:49 PM
I'm pretty sure they've just given up, period.

Ever since the merger . . . bleh.
#38Sir_HaxorPosted 1/17/2013 5:31:23 PM
SE makes good games?
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#39greatone101Posted 1/17/2013 6:39:00 PM
SquareEnix is garbage. Who cares about them anymore?
#40Virus66Posted 1/17/2013 6:54:29 PM
greatone101 posted...
SquareEnix is garbage. Who cares about them anymore?

The millions of people who bought and enjoyed XIII and XIII-2. Yes, millions of people played XIII-2, myself included. I will also play Lightning Returns. Got a problem with it? Good, because I don't care.
---