Wii U is basically Dreamcast 10 years later, I mean just look at the controller

#1iliveforlifePosted 1/17/2013 12:21:41 PM
Both systems have big wide controllers with screens in the middle that display stats and other helpful hints. Also with both systems you can just take the controller/memory stick with you and play games portable. Nintendo isn't doing anything original they basically took the idea from the Dreamcast. They should pay Sega royalties.
#2BuretsuPosted 1/17/2013 12:22:20 PM
Joke Topic.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3shaunmePosted 1/17/2013 12:23:16 PM
i hope so.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#4IcedEarthaholicPosted 1/17/2013 12:25:04 PM
**LOL** Actually, Nintendo evolved it quite a bit. For instance, the GamePad has a colour touch-screen that is bright and vivid, while the Dreamcast's VMU was a black and white screen that at times could be incredibly difficult to look at in certain lighting conditions. The VMU could also be used as a stand-alone unit. Further, the VMU was very similar to another unit known as the PocketStation that Sony manufactured. So guess what? It all points back to Sony.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#5Omega_BlackPosted 1/17/2013 12:26:20 PM
The VMU could actually be considered portable as it doesn't need the console for separate functionality.

The stock Dreamcast controller didn't feature a relatively high fidelity touch screen, motion controls, speakers, IR or even a second analog stick.

If anything, you should complain how Microsoft ripped off the Dreamcast for the original Xbox controller and, in turn, produced the 360 controller, lol.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#6Baha05Posted 1/17/2013 12:26:29 PM
Well except the Dreamcast couldn't do any other the things the Wii U gamepad can, the thing for the Dreamcast was basically a tamagotchi
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#7shaunmePosted 1/17/2013 12:28:17 PM
Baha05 posted...
Well except the Dreamcast couldn't do any other the things the Wii U gamepad can, the thing for the Dreamcast was basically a tamagotchi

that's true but it was/is an awesome console.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#8Baha05Posted 1/17/2013 12:31:05 PM
shaunme posted...

Honstly wouldnt know, we never had a Dreamcast it was mainly Nintendo and Sony systems.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#9Pac12345Posted 1/17/2013 1:02:46 PM
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...

Honstly wouldnt know, we never had a Dreamcast it was mainly Nintendo and Sony systems.

I suspect that people see the Dreamcast today as a wonderful, unique, and beautiful console, mostly because of nostalgia, and the fact that it was SEGA's last console. If so good and lovable now, then why didn't it get that same love from the fans and average players back in the day.

I'm not saying it's a bad console, but it certainly wasn't the behemoth console some make it out to be. Or is it that just because it was SEGA's last system, it is so worshipped today?
#10P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/17/2013 1:06:50 PM
I have a Dreamcast sitting next to my Wii U!
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Manhunt2, One Piece