Wii U is basically Dreamcast 10 years later, I mean just look at the controller

#31leeko_linkPosted 1/18/2013 2:05:14 AM(edited)
Nerdstick posted...
The CD-i predates it.

The CD-I had nothing to do with gaming. It wasn't until Nintendo got involve with Philips that they do but it was only for short occasion. They make a few games and all sucks.
#32geneticsftwPosted 1/18/2013 2:08:49 AM
leeko_link posted...
Nerdstick posted...
The CD-i predates it.

The CD-I had nothing to do with gaming. It wasn't until Nintendo got involve with Philips that they do but it was only for short occasion. They make a few games and all sucks.

Wasn't cd-I Phillips Magnavox and Sony? As for cd players turbografx was first.
---
Sweet
#33leeko_linkPosted 1/18/2013 2:23:44 AM
geneticsftw posted...
leeko_link posted...
Nerdstick posted...
The CD-i predates it.

Wasn't cd-I Phillips Magnavox and Sony? As for cd players turbografx was first.

You're right Turbo CD was the first but Sega made it popular. As for CD-I, that was produced by Philips, it's not meant to be a game console, it was used solely as a disc player for educational or attraction purposes only.
#34geneticsftwPosted 1/18/2013 2:25:33 AM
Downloadable games, atari 2600, I think technically maze wars is 3d.
---
Sweet
#35GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/18/2013 3:17:00 AM
iliveforlife posted...
Both systems have big wide controllers with screens in the middle that display stats and other helpful hints. Also with both systems you can just take the controller/memory stick with you and play games portable. Nintendo isn't doing anything original they basically took the idea from the Dreamcast. They should pay Sega royalties.

Thats an insult to the dreamcast.

Dreamcast had an INSANELY better library, right from launch onwards its entire lifespan

Sega gave the dreamcast better first party support than Nintendo ever did on the Wii, or will with Wii U. Sega honestly was alot better at first party on dreamcast than I've ever seen any other company be. So many awesome titles and arcade ports.

And capcom supported the **** out of the dreamcast.

Wheres MVC 1, 2 or 3 on Wii U? Wheres ANYTHING? Theres so many classics that could be ported for eshop right now, but nada.

Its plain as day that no one wants to be assed to support the Wii U, even for older games on eshop that are on Live and PSN. Its ****ing pitiful.

Nintendos burned 3rd parties too many times to suit their own interests and now karmas finally come knocking on Nintendo.
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#36MiharinPosted 1/18/2013 3:42:44 AM
DVD was the big thing in 2000. I remember when PS2 came out, the Dreamcast had a one year headstart but the hype about PS2 being able to play DVD's was absolutely huge. Some stores tried to sell a Dreamcast and a DVD player for the price of a PS2 but to no success. People knew games like Metal Gear Solid 2 and Final Fantasy X, and even NHL series was coming to PS2 so the choice was clear for many.

Dreamcast had a very unique library like the N64 but missing key titles. It was the first console in Europe to support 60 hz picture giving us real versions of games instead of crappy PAL conversions. Also it supported VGA which is amazing. I really like their European releases, we got special blue cases (that break easily) and the 60 hz thing.
---
Now playing: Video games
#37LurkerLordPosted 1/18/2013 6:56:43 AM
You could kind of do the Off-TV thing with the DreamCast controller. In Virtua Tennis, the VMU would show a rudimentary, stick figure view of the match and one could actually play the game from this view without looking at the TV screen.