Monster Hunter sucks why are people getting worked up

#41Bloodmoon77Posted 1/17/2013 4:25:38 PM
Still waiting for my MH on Vita so I can actually play with other people and not be terrible at it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NLLBk.png
http://i46.tinypic.com/29usk12.png
#42Karnage4208238Posted 1/17/2013 4:28:31 PM
Murderstorm117 posted...
Its pretty much the WOW of consoles ugly, no story, just pointless grinding and loot whoring. Not quite sure why people think its going to sell wii u's even in japan as a launch title this game didn't help. We need rpgs for a real man like myself not monster hunter

tc everyone has there own opinions mine and a s*** load of ether people love monster hunter if you dont like it then dont play it and leave the people who do like alone
#43ExiliousPosted 1/17/2013 4:56:40 PM
I actually agree with OP

Game needs some story
---
i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Windforce 3x GTX 680 OC | 12gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1600mhz CAS-7 | OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
LeagueCraft ARAM Admin / Blacklist Administrator
#44EndgamePosted 1/17/2013 4:58:02 PM(edited)
don't insult WoW by likening it to MH
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#45NerdstickPosted 1/17/2013 5:01:24 PM(edited)
Petey_Meanis posted...
Petey_Meanis posted...
Monster Hunter launched with Wii U in japan. Hundreds of thousands of people... MILLIONS of people didn't really care.

Uh, yeah they did. Of course, it wouldn't make the same amount as MHTri, but, then, again, when was that released? Later into the Wii's life?

the Wii U version fell off the top 30 game charts in Japan after three weeks and barely sold 200k copies. The 3DS version is doing much better. MH doesn't do well on consoles.

Considering that the handheld version's been available for far longer..big surprise? How it does in the states will be far more telling.

That's to say nothing of how the WiiU version costs 50% more and doesn't even support off-tv play.
#46Chaos_KreaturePosted 1/17/2013 5:08:27 PM
nedley09 posted...
monster hunter is good. on handhelds

The original Monster Hunter was not good? lol
---
MHT: Zyzax MH3U: Hopefully the same, if not for some reason, TriforceKnight(also my NN id)
#47Kenichi34Posted 1/17/2013 5:10:49 PM
people with different opinions? I'm shocked!
---
GT: Kenichi340
"What was the point of that pregnant pause!?" - Edgeworth
#48AtalalamaPosted 1/17/2013 5:27:30 PM
Murderstorm117 posted...
Its pretty much the WOW of consoles ugly, no story, just pointless grinding and loot whoring. Not quite sure why people think its going to sell wii u's even in japan as a launch title this game didn't help. We need rpgs for a real man like myself not monster hunter

Fun?

Nah, can't be...
#49Virus66Posted 1/17/2013 5:36:34 PM
People don't even factor in how fun a game is to play when talking about how good/bad it is. Minecraft doesn't have a story, an epic moment to experience, an exorbitant amount of violence, nor the best graphics, yet it is still one of the best games of all time just because it's a blast to play. It also happens that some people just "won't get it", and they won't like it. TC is the type of person that falls into that category, but because he is incredibly egocentric, his opinions of the game are a fact in life and no one else is allowed to have their own tastes.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#50Rasputin77Posted 1/17/2013 5:40:43 PM
Monster Hunter sucks why are people getting worked up

1. Monster hunter sucks... think some people. Others don't think it sucks.
2. Because the people who are getting worked up... are the others who don't think it sucks.

Next up... how to tie your shoe.
---
Wii U board rule: If the topic title has ANY adjective with a negative implication... it's time to pee pants.
http://alturl.com/hc9un