If the power of the Durango and Orbis are led to be true...

#1dart246Posted 1/17/2013 1:02:56 PM
Then the Wii U is in pretty good shape with its GPGPU for the next generation of gaming.
---
PSN: VisperCon; NNI: Rywins
~2.5 million in 1.5 months is bad sales? Maybe I missed the memo.
#2NejivsSasukePosted 1/17/2013 1:07:30 PM
thats true
---
PSN SLimhomie
Nintedo ID Orionlion
#3SS4_NamreppivPosted 1/17/2013 1:09:06 PM(edited)
But but but, Sony and Microsoft are all about the POWAH, 16 core CPU each running 42Ghz, and a living breathing monkey to serve as the GPU, for the brown and grey FPS that will come running out of the gate. Retailing for the low low price of: 1 MILLION Pesos.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#4zender1999Posted 1/17/2013 1:09:09 PM
they will be about the same as the wiiu maybe with a little more ram, so games and online gaming/services/price will be what will make one of these 3 consoles be the one
the leader, the developing console, the main console for devs, which will then port their games on the other 2, with the risk on not taking full advantage of the consoles receving the ports
so far the wiiu has already a 3 million consoles lead, give or take a few
#5kobalobasileusPosted 1/17/2013 1:10:27 PM
I really don't think the Durango and Orbis leaked stats will be too far from the truth. Sony bombed horribly in the 7th Gen by putting "too much" hardware (actually, "too unique" hardware) into the PS3 and MS seems to be following the casual money trail with Kinect 2.0 and SmartGlass... neither of which requires really powerful hardware.

I think people looking for an overpriced, super-powered console in Gen 8 will need to get behind Gaben and buy a high-end Valvebox.
#6TheBonfiniPosted 1/17/2013 1:14:42 PM
The damage isn't being done with the specs. It is the third parties whom chose to use that power on the system.

The Wii-U will be fully capable of have simultaneous releases of third party games with the other consoles.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#7DiscostewSMPosted 1/17/2013 1:25:00 PM
Both Sony and Microsoft are in tight spots with their next-gen systems after what they provided with the PS3 and 360. Both stabbed them financially, but they offered monstrous power for their times, which has been ingrained into gamer's minds, and they have such expectations from them again. If both lean towards highly powerful hardware, then they'll stab themselves again financially, and in Sony's case, that might kill their business. If they go for the improved but not highly powerful hardware, then that will makes the Wii U all the more attractive. If they try and go for a middle ground, they can have decently powerful hardware with possible profits much sooner than they did last gen, and be able to compete with the Wii U.

What choice they'll make depends on how they handle risks.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#8zender1999Posted 1/17/2013 1:29:19 PM
also ms has to figth to jpkeep xbl gamers subscribing with the new console, and that will be harder to do if ps4 stays free online as it is now on ps3
#9private400Posted 1/17/2013 1:40:01 PM(edited)
We ? delusional?
its you people who are delusional.
you people seem unable to accept that 8 YEARS have past
Why should they even bother making a new console if it doesn't make any progress whatsoever???
Sony is not nintendo!
GOD...
sigh
ok here's the deal: i predict that ps 4 will be 10 x stronger than a ps3 and will be equal to a top of the line pc and will retail at 400$.

if i am proven wrong i will give you an apology and eat a bag of sawdust.
---
you don't really know a woman 'til you've had a strong drink and a fistfight with her. - nord wisdom from utgherd the unbroken
#10ElectricMolePosted 1/17/2013 1:35:14 PM
Ms and Sony should bring the most powerful system $400 can afford.

Nintendos engineering team wanted Wii u to be compact and consume than 50 watts. The window of opportunity to make a higher spec console for the competition is wide open. Theres a recent interview from a Durango developer who said the leap from 360 to nextbox is a great one, but not as great as the leap the original Xbox was when 360 was released.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188